CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
How can spotting poker tells such as paying attention to betting patterns, body language, and timing, help you gain valuable insights into your opponents' hands when reading opponents?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
There are all kinds of ways to exploit players with tells. Beginners have so many tells which leads them to be outclassed by the better players. Lots of good books out there on how to exploit these tells. Good luck!

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Taking notes during the game, of course if you play online the best is to use a tool loke poker tracker, of course the best of all is your intuition, paying attention to the game to the hands you don't get involved in can tell you much when facing those opponents, you must always try to make your best move based on the good odds or ICM in tourneys, but sometimes you really have to trust your guts, it has happened to me that I folded Kings cause i know my opponent has Aces and most of the times I'm correct ;) that's my advice

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In more important Tournaments, I try to know how my opponent plays with weak hands and with and with strong hands, at least four times so that I can have a notion of his style of play!:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How can spotting poker tells such as paying attention to betting patterns, body language, and timing, help you gain valuable insights into your opponents' hands when reading opponents?
If you carefully monitor the game of your opponents, over time you will notice certain patterns in their actions. It is these regularities that can become a valuable source of information for you. I only play online, but quite often and actively I use my notes about players and it really sometimes becomes very valuable information that helps me make the right decision.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
In online games player who bet’s quickly within a second or two are 90% bluffing all the time because if they really had good hands they would try to think how to extract much more money from you and take some time may be 3 to 4 seconds but if they are betting quickly than it clearly means that they want you to fold it is not applicable to everyone but 90% of the time they are bluffing if they are playing too quick.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
In online games player who bet’s quickly within a second or two are 90% bluffing all the time because if they really had good hands they would try to think how to extract much more money from you and take some time may be 3 to 4 seconds but if they are betting quickly than it clearly means that they want you to fold it is not applicable to everyone but 90% of the time they are bluffing if they are playing too quick.
This is a good tell-tale sign. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing your observation.

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes players make a little gesture when they are happy/sad with their hands, when they are bluffing, when they will raise, with practice you can read it

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Referring to betting patterns can provide insight into how an opponent plays his strong and weak hands. If an opponent always bets big with strong hands and small bets with weak hands, this may indicate his strategy.
Timing is another characteristic that can be informative. If an opponent is quick to make decisions and bets, this may indicate a strong hand, while procrastination and reflection may indicate weakness.
Overall, analyzing these poker tips, combined with other factors such as your opponent's previous actions and overall playing style, can help you make better decisions and increase your chances of success at the poker table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, if you watch players how they play, you will understand how they bet with good hands and how they play with bad hands how they will enter on the flop and what bets they bet and what bets they are afraid of. If you be very careful in poker, many tips will also help you if you take notes about players also helps you