Reading the game

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to be good-ish in reading an oponent hands when the flop arrive. ...but I suck when i need to trust my instincts ....I usually say ,it might have aces but I will rise to check it....or worst ...all-in...and hope for him to fold. ...most of the time when I'm getting payed I lose and I know I have played bad and I just smile..blaming for not acting right!
Do you ever had the king of problem?
How do I stop this mentality, I don't want to be a fish anyone. ..I want to play better! !

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To have an idea of your opponent, you need to play with them longer. I try to pay more attention to the cards on the table than to my own. You can determine the range of the opponent's cards and your chances of winning based on the size of the bet on certain streets. You need to focus on your opponents ' cards when they perform an action.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was able to be good-ish in reading an oponent hands when the flop arrive. ...but I suck when i need to trust my instincts ....I usually say ,it might have aces but I will rise to check it....or worst ...all-in...and hope for him to fold. ...most of the time when I'm getting payed I lose and I know I have played bad and I just smile..blaming for not acting right!
Do you ever had the king of problem?
How do I stop this mentality, I don't want to be a fish anyone. ..I want to play better! !

first you say you are good ish at reading opponents hands when flop arrive.... yet then after yo know his hand or range you bet even all in and hope.... so first your kidding yourself saying you have a read on opponent you dont....unless each time they beat you they show hand...

so first you have to figure out villians actions by betting and range.... then you need to act on it... keep in mind continuation bets are almost always done whether is kq or kk by villian... so calling there is ok... if they bet correctly again on turn is where you need to decipher are they bluffing... if you are reading well based on how they bet what amounts how fast etc... sometimes you can figure it out and get them in a bluff.... honestly is less bluffing going on then most of us think if someone is betting large first look at how many players their bet has to get through... unless they are just playing crazy poker? they probably got a hand....these are things to help you... position wise to bet into a previous bettor on flop is another angle you can take...this is a steal plain and simple so shoving is a mistake.. you want to bet enough for villian to show if they really have a hand so they come over top if they only smooth call and usually aggressive your probably beat so start praying for a second pair or something :)

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first you say you are good ish at reading opponents hands when flop arrive.... yet then after yo know his hand or range you bet even all in and hope.... so first your kidding yourself saying you have a read on opponent you dont....unless each time they beat you they show hand...

so first you have to figure out villians actions by betting and range.... then you need to act on it... keep in mind continuation bets are almost always done whether is kq or kk by villian... so calling there is ok... if they bet correctly again on turn is where you need to decipher are they bluffing... if you are reading well based on how they bet what amounts how fast etc... sometimes you can figure it out and get them in a bluff.... honestly is less bluffing going on then most of us think if someone is betting large first look at how many players their bet has to get through... unless they are just playing crazy poker? they probably got a hand....these are things to help you... position wise to bet into a previous bettor on flop is another angle you can take...this is a steal plain and simple so shoving is a mistake.. you want to bet enough for villian to show if they really have a hand so they come over top if they only smooth call and usually aggressive your probably beat so start praying for a second pair or something :)
YOU have right!I play some crazy poker !that's way I lose! Tnx for opening my eyes !I wil try to do my best next time..I will count on your advice!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I if you have a hud it makes it a bit easier, look at the villans cbet stat, look at their donk stat, look at their aggression factor(by street) and then think what kind of story are they trying to tell.

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I if you have a hud it makes it a bit easier, look at the villans cbet stat, look at their donk stat, look at their aggression factor(by street) and then think what kind of story are they trying to tell.
Checked, I will keep that in mind!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FLOP

Please also study the technology by which you can make the bluff No pair as of the flop.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hopeful all-in is one of my bad habits that I've been kicking.

With all bets and calls the purpose must be known. It's generally good to use either when you are fairly sure you have your opponent beat, but think they have a hand good enough to call, or alternatively when you have nothing but don't think they have enough to call the bet.

To be really effective, a rough appreciation of the probability of the above things would be necessary, which comes from an understanding of your opponents range.

However , at least questioning what the objective of the all-in is before making it I find is a good start. In some instances it's clear that our opponent is on a polarised range, where we have a marginal hand, and it's logically clear that an all-in would be a blunder even without knowing the probabilities.

Top 10 Games