ranges of hand

JedKim

JedKim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I understand it is subjective, but would everyone be ok with me asking with what THEY consider to be playable hands?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
DpM790P.png

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would say Any hand is playable before a cheap flop if you're at a good position.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play suited connectors and I do agree almost any hand could theoretically be played depending on the variables

But the chart someone posted is about the range I usually play

Good question as I'm sure there will be a lot of differing opinions on this subject

Good luck out there

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I understand it is subjective, but would everyone be ok with me asking with what THEY consider to be playable hands?

Cash Games:
Usually starting from UTG would be 55+. AQ+, then the closer you move to the button, the more hands you incorporate into your starting hand. From MP I would start adding in suited connectors and HJ would be suited 1 and 2 gappers. If blinds are weak, then I would play almost any two cards from the button (this would be with no other action in front of you).

Also, my range depends on the table as well. if there are a lot of loose players, then I will play a tighter hand range. If the table is tight, then I loosen up my ranges.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think someone else said it best, that any hand is technically playable. To get ranges though you have to take a lot of things into consideration like stack size, position, who else is playing at the table, etc. The nice thing is that there are hundreds of such resources both free and paid for around the web and CC itself. I would check out the poker strategy section in CC first as they have some beginner ranges you can start with and then build upon as you advance. Best of luck!

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have AK and facing a large 4bet from a tight Villian then consider that he has AA or KK and not playable AK

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ranges morph by many variables, position is king but other things fall in to play that will tighten or open your range considerably. I would suggest to download Equilab from PokerStrategy and some range charts and then work your way from the basics on up.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands