Range on btn

U

Uslippin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a good opening range while on the button 100bb?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are early in a tournament and not facing something crazy in a raise, then it should be pretty wide. If you have a smaller stack and facing a raise, you should play a little tighter.

jrutledge

jrutledge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think generally pretty wide. I tighten it up a lot though if there's action ahead of me or some super aggressive/deep stacked players in the blinds.

R

rollothecown

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
button opening range

I prefer tight preflop ranges when playing small stakes poker. Its amazing what people will do like go all in with 2-8s utg. Stick to a good conservative stragedy and you should be all right

M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the action at the table and in the hand. With more callers you may want to 3 bet to reduce the field, but you risk the callers of your three bet will have strong hands that you may have to fold to if they hit and you miss. If you call or raise to 3-4 bigs, you will reduce the field and not lose too much if they hit and you don't feel a call or raise is right and if they miss or are weak bets to you, you can a lot of times take down the pot with a healthy raise. As you can imagine there are a lot of variations to this depending on the aggression of your opponents, your hand and how many players are in the hand.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the game I play a little. waiting for very good hands. I start the game when the stakes are higher.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somwhere between 40%-45% is pretty decent for 6 max cash games.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually it's tightish at the beginning and loose at the mid-late stage. For example in late stage:all suited Aces, ATo+,34s+,J9o+, all broadways, all pocket pairs, suited connectors like 76s,89s, gaps 96s,75s etc. Around 30-35% in late stages. In late stage you can wider your range by adding all Ax hands,suited hands with 1 high card like Q2s,J2s etc, all playable hands like T8o,J8o etc. Also, take a look to the blinds. If they likes to see a flop and call your Cbet a lot then maybe it's better to not open junk hands and tighten up against them if you not feeling good at postflop

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you said 100b I'm guessing you're talking about cash games. But 6-max or full ring? If it's 6-max the ranges would be wider since you have less opponents who are able to come up with a better hand.

Here's an example:
Opening-Ranges.jpg

(Microgrinder 6-max pre-flop ranges, Oct 14 2015, Altin Hardin, https://www.microgrinder.com/poker-strategy-articles/6-max-pre-flop-ranges/)