Random balancing

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's take HU situation for easier consideration. I raise and play aggressively with good-medium hands and limp fit-or-fold bad hands. My limp range is weak and I want to balance it. Why should I choose exact hands, like ATs AJs for that, if I can just take hands from my raise range randomly, when I feel like it is time to make my opp nervous.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fresh start. In your example we can construct our range in a way where hands fall into 4 categories. Hands we want to raise, hands we call wanting a check, hands we call wanting to 3 bet a raise, and garbage.

So basically you probably have an idea of what's hands fall where from your question but your right there are certain hands than can fit two categories and its up to you on how you wanna construct your range.

One example for me is I included QQ up in my SB limping range. I am hoping to 3 bet a raise but if its get checked I have hands that will be hard to out flop so it will be easier for me to realize the equity of that hand if checks to flop.

You can also split a hand into categories. A10 suited is strong enougg to check 3-bet or raise from SB imo. This allows you to further mix your play.

I try to include a mix of strong hands, and suited ace X along with bottom of my range that is hoping to see a flop cheap.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry about being dick in a other thread.