Quickly Forget About Bad Beats

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, we should always excel and have a short memory for bad beats. We have to be able to overcome a bad beat and maintain the perception of our opponents.
Otherwise, unsuccessful plays will accumulate in our heads, preventing us from playing our best.
I've been through this a lot, especially when I spent many hours playing poker online, sometimes even past the time to eat or sleep.
After talking to many people who are successful in various sports, everyone was unanimous in telling me that our bodies and minds need time to recharge.
Other examples were to do physical activities and rest that would only help withstand this daily wear and tear.
So reconciling good hours of sleep, leisure with the family, practicing sports, physical exercises and walking for example helped me a lot to stop stressing me for nothing, mistakenly labeling a situation as a bad beat.
Including that I realize that I can apply in all circumstances of my real life.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very good your article is to be congratulated, but there are some bad days which is very sad

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TUVM for your thoughts. It fits perfectly to my current mood, and I would say as well. Very often we consider our bad plays as bad beats or a downstreak, even though this is not always true. Analizing hands one more time will make sure if it's just a downstreak.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm just saying this: after a bad fight in which you lost something important in poker you have to do any other activity besides immediately trying to invest in the game to recover what you lost!

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive lost 2 freerolls and a satellite in the last few days. I went all in or i called an all in pre flop with good pocket cards esch time, when they showed what they had i was stunned because they had awful cards, cards that most people wouldnt take a second look at. Somehow rhey landed on exactly what they needed on the river. I couldnt believe it!

S

ShawanG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just yesterday I was playing a bounty tourney On GG.
Tourney had just started and everyone of us had somewhere around 100bbs.
I got AA on SB.
UGT 1 limp followed by LJ, HJ, CO and button folded.
Pot was 6.5 bb and I decided to raise to 7bb and then BB shoved his 103bbs everyone folded I called.
He had A2o and he won.
Hit one deuce on flop another on turn made three a kind so easily.
And by the way this was my third time losing with AA yesterday.

S

ShawanG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just yesterday I was playing a bounty tourney On GG.
Tourney had just started and everyone of us had somewhere around 100bbs.
I got AA on SB.
UGT 1 limp followed by LJ, HJ, CO and button folded.
Pot was 6.5 bb and I decided to raise to 7bb and then BB shoved his 103bbs everyone folded I called.
He had A2o and he won.
Hit one deuce on flop another on turn made three a kind so easily.
And by the way this was my third time losing with AA yesterday.
But Such is Life.....
So have fun Move ON....

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. I believe that everything is as you described. I have seen from my own experience that our positive attitude can bring us a good result.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But Such is Life.....
So have fun Move ON....

Really. It's not about poker only. Life's not easy in general. You can't just stop your own life by saying ''oh, you know guys, it's just not for me, I'd better stop for a week and I will do nothing to change the situation''. No way. Keep moving, keep gringing!
Well, you have a downstreak as it is, you can do nothing with RNG or somewhat, seems everything is like againgst you. Just earn your money elsewhere (not from poker game but from other places). And then keep grinding further—in poker, in life, and everything.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, great advice! You've got to let it go and focus on playing your best in the next battle. Focus on what is in your control (how you play) not what is beyond your control. I know it's sometimes easier said than done. :)

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great advice! I absolutely agree, thank you for sharing this! I’m sure a lot of players needed it, including myself.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a bad beat, do a good bitch and have a boxing bag ready and some useless things to kick them and rebound in the air, download well and then calm down

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What bad beat? :rolleyes:

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually copy the hand and email it to my son, who always says, "ahhhh, what a shame !!!" Makes me feel better.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are right. If we don't have the stomach to endure bad beats, we can't keep playing.

Despite what, when we take bad beats several times in a row, the psychological is shaken. So it's time to stop for a while until you forget.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bad bet vs poker software stamping

Good morning everyone, yes of course every poker player, you have to be aware that the bad bet is going to happen, I don't complain about the bad bet what I can't get used to is with the programming of the pokerstars software, which in my opinion almost it always favors the player who has the most chips, I play on many online poker sites and at pokerstars this is much more evident than on other sites, it’s all the time the guy calls 3bet with 42s vs AQs and wins, QQ vs A9s all in pre flop and flop nuts flush, the final table of an expensive Mtt has a hand of 97s vs JJ flush for 97s, always the hands with the most chips winning. Why do players have to complain about the software draw method? To see if they change this program that almost always favors those who have more chips, in my opinion, it is revolting, a good player will know how to lose a few chips in complicated situations, the problem that in Mtt, when we have 15bb or less, there is no escape to go All in is always weak hands with a lot more chips winning, creating a feeling that the software is not being honest in my opinion.

Attachments

• 42s vs AQ pt 1.jpg
    42s vs AQ pt 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 42s vs AQ pt 2.jpg
    42s vs AQ pt 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 97s vs JJ   flush quebrando JJ.jpg
    97s vs JJ flush quebrando JJ.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
  • KQs vs 84s.jpg
    KQs vs 84s.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
  • QQ vs A9s P2.jpg
    QQ vs A9s P2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, we should always excel and have a short memory for bad beats. We have to be able to overcome a bad beat and maintain the perception of our opponents.
Otherwise, unsuccessful plays will accumulate in our heads, preventing us from playing our best.
I've been through this a lot, especially when I spent many hours playing poker online, sometimes even past the time to eat or sleep.
After talking to many people who are successful in various sports, everyone was unanimous in telling me that our bodies and minds need time to recharge.
Other examples were to do physical activities and rest that would only help withstand this daily wear and tear.
So reconciling good hours of sleep, leisure with the family, practicing sports, physical exercises and walking for example helped me a lot to stop stressing me for nothing, mistakenly labeling a situation as a bad beat.
Including that I realize that I can apply in all circumstances of my real life.
Most likely, the value of bad beats in poker is exaggerated. In fact, this is just another loss of the battle for the bank, which, alas, happens quite often. The reaction to them can be very emotional only because you overestimated the strength of your own combination and put too many chips in the pot. If you did not make an obvious mistake, but your hand was still batted, then the chances of making a stronger hand from your opponent were negligible. In this case, on a long distance, you will play a plus and there is no reason to panic.

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing in stakes that are comfortable the bad beats are forgotten about pretty fast.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is hard to forget bad beats at poker stars when bad beats are more
common then a poket pair.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-tabling makes it easier to roll with the punches. Before you can even feel bad you are on to the next hand. As Jonathan Little likes to say, "Volume kills variance." The more you play, the less you notice the luck.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are normal in poker. If I won a big pot or lose I forget about it.