J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hi
I'm trying out hand2note right now. For some people, the PFR shows me a higher value than the VPIP. To my understanding this is not possible. Can someone tell me if I misunderstood anything? Thanks for the help.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VPIP = voluntary put money in the pot ( how many times a player put chips into the pot,( checking in BB does not count)
PFR = Pre Flop Raise ( how Many times player entered the pot pre flop with a raise)

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
This is the explanation.

Imagine you're playing a 6-max hyper, and as luck would have it you start in late position. For the first 3 hands, someone shoves before it's your turn, and you have trash so fold. Soon enough you are in early position, and get dealt a hand you can shove - and since no-one has acted before you, you can and do shove.

You've now had four opportunities to VPIP, of which you took one:
VPIP = 25% (1/4)

But only one opportunity to PFR, since prior hands had already been shoved and you could only call. You did shove at this single opportunity:
PFR = 100% (1/1)

This explanation was borrowed from another forum- thanks to dave pooh bah for their insights
Thanks. That is easy to understand, but I would not got to this for myself!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eetenor gave the explanation already. Just want to add, that if someone have shoved, but you cover, you can still raise, and this will count towards your PFR. So if for example UTG had moved all-in for 8BB, and it folds around to you on BTN with 9BB, and you decide to fold, this will lower your PFR. Whereas if you overshove for your 9BB, this will increase your PFR, even though you are essentially just calling the shove. But basically a PFR higher than the VPIP is something, which can happen, if people are short stacked in a tournament, so that when its their turn to act, they can either call or fold but not raise.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Eetenor gave the explanation already. Just want to add, that if someone have shoved, but you cover, you can still raise, and this will count towards your PFR. So if for example UTG had moved all-in for 8BB, and it folds around to you on BTN with 9BB, and you decide to fold, this will lower your PFR. Whereas if you overshove for your 9BB, this will increase your PFR, even though you are essentially just calling the shove. But basically a PFR higher than the VPIP is something, which can happen, if people are short stacked in a tournament, so that when its their turn to act, they can either call or fold but not raise.
Thank you for the complement!