Question about Upswing poker strategy

M

megapotti505

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I have a silly question and desperately need an answer. I've been watching upswing lab strategy videos where Doug Polk and Ryan Fee analyze hands.
In those analyzes they often say that " here we can have x holding or x holding" or " we could easily have this hand and that hand"
My question is: what does it mean when they say that?
Does it mean holdings that we want our opponents to think we have? ( holdings we're representing to our opponent)
Or does it mean holdings we can actually have in this particular situation?

sorry about this strange question and thanks for all answers:)

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sure they are speaking in ranges. Meaning they are referring to a group of hands that can be had by either person depending on their actions taken in the hand.

Hi! I have a silly question and desperately need an answer. I've been watching upswing lab strategy videos where Doug Polk and Ryan Fee analyze hands.
In those analyzes they often say that " here we can have x holding or x holding" or " we could easily have this hand and that hand"
My question is: what does it mean when they say that?
Does it mean holdings that we want our opponents to think we have? ( holdings we're representing to our opponent)
Or does it mean holdings we can actually have in this particular situation?

sorry about this strange question and thanks for all answers:)

M

megapotti505

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure they are speaking in ranges. Meaning they are referring to a group of hands that can be had by either person depending on their actions taken in the hand.

thank you for answer!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven’t seen this video but I also think it could be a hand range based on the respondents.
For example, I think the preflop is 3 bets but only from position J, J-10.10 + A, Qs or back all-in range from AA to Q, Q + A, Ks. Of course, it can still vary from player to player whether he is tight or loose aggressive.
I think they could have been like that in that video. So I think they can talk to the range too.