Question about bankroll management.

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall I'm down about $300 through deposits to various pokersites and the purchase of the software. $150 on the software.

Through learning, it would seem cash tables seem to be treating me nice although I prefer MTT, I never go deep, and the return seems pointless when I can earn as much in 10 minutes on a cash table. Anyway that was a I digress.

Anyhoo, although I know I do not deserve any advice since I spend a lot time bashing your beloved rigged poker sites, I have a question.

I'm at a point where I can start withdrawing. I think I would feel better if I could take a little out and feel more like I'm playing with less of my money and more of their money.

Do I just keep it in and build it up more maybe, or take a little out and feel a little less ripped off? I don't need it, it is just fun money I invested.

Although I do fear the massive downswing I experienced 7 years ago when I cashed out. Maybe I just answered my own question....LOL

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash out. Get a feel for it and see that it works.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know if this helps but I use this chart for withdrawals. I do the same with Cash and MTT games. I do this so I can stay on the same level of stakes while I withdraw out at certain levels. Hope this helps.

https://www.screencast.com/t/gCH26Ra8

R

risky101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u r questioning the amount u deposited, then yes , witdraw it. if u wanna continue to play poker leave a minimal amount and continue to playfreerolls and micro stakes...good luck

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there even a question here?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say withdraw. You seem to have a bitter attitude that can have a detrimental effect on your decision making. If making a withdraw helps to have a more positive outlook even when you do lose, I would say that is worth it.

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say withdraw. You seem to have a bitter attitude that can have a detrimental effect on your decision making. If making a withdraw helps to have a more positive outlook even when you do lose, I would say that is worth it.
This right here, makes a ton of sense and what i was inferring.

I like poker, great way to kill some time, but I have an absolutely terrible attitude which is really bad I agree.

Focus on changing things you can change and less on what you cannot.

Thank you so much everyone for your responses.

I think I know what I need to do, see you at the final table.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management