Question about 15 players ...err super full ring game

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played about 15 handed Full ring home game....

What is the hand selection for UTG - for value
deep stacked. -- AA only or with AKs?

thanks in advanced.

M

mad_chils139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all pocket pairs id open utg A10-AA K10ss-KK

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
open with A10 or K10 utg? it is that open? instead of playing limp

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all pocket pairs id open utg A10-AA K10ss-KK

Opening with K10 and A10 UTG is asking for trouble, because you're easily dominated there. So if you hit something it might cost you alot of chips.

And regarding OP, I'm not too sure to be honest. Would say you really need a monster hand to open there from UTG tho.

flatron40

flatron40

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rease (aa) (kk) (qq) (ak)

M

mad_chils139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opening with K10 and A10 UTG is asking for trouble, because you're easily dominated there. So if you hit something it might cost you alot of chips.

And regarding OP, I'm not too sure to be honest. Would say you really need a monster hand to open there from UTG tho.

when theyre sutied it makes a difference those are all royal drawing hands so those yoiu can open aswell utg aswell as people give you respect in that position

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when theyre sutied it makes a difference those are all royal drawing hands so those yoiu can open aswell utg aswell as people give you respect in that position

But you need 14 guys to fold, so I don't think it will work often enough for it to be profitable. Plus anyone calling that will have you crushed.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15 Handed? I better hold AA, KK, AQ or AK before I consider playing with 14 behind me.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the temperature of the game to be honest.

If you have a lot of tight or weak players that are just going to smooth call or re-raise with AA, KK, AK or QQ only, I'd really open up my range. I'd want to be aggressive with these guys deep stacked. I think when you get 15 handed Negreanu's small ball strategy is going to be super effective. I would want to see a lot of flops.

If you are playing against stronger players that will play back, I certainly would be folding everything but AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 1010, AK.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why stop at 15 players? There is room for 23 players, since 23 x 2 = 46 + 5 common cards = 51.
This would lead to the Nittiest play ever, as well as taking ages for each hand...
I think you would need to have quite substantial antes in order to give player any incentive at all to contest a pot without premium hands,

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why stop at 15 players? There is room for 23 players, since 23 x 2 = 46 + 5 common cards = 51.
This would lead to the Nittiest play ever, as well as taking ages for each hand...
I think you would need to have quite substantial antes in order to give player any incentive at all to contest a pot without premium hands,

I know what you are saying. This is why I suggested that a loose strategy is actually better and I would want to see as many flops as possible. A normal 9 handed strategy must be abandoned. Because you are removing 30 cards vs 18 the odds of hitting a draw fall through the floor and the odds of 1 or 2 pair standing up are huge. Ace high is also going to be a big winner. TAG is going to be a big loser in this game.

If the villains in this game do not understand the math, I'd be really aggressive with all my hands, even air.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15 players, it makes it considerably more likely that someone will have woken it up with a premium pair.
I would imagine it would be even more crucial than full ring to ensure that your hand isn't dominated, which would mean being even tighter than usual.
I'm not entirely sure that TAG is going to be a BIG loser, since you only have to pay the blinds very rarely.
It would be interesting to determine what effect having 15 players would have on strategies like set mining, as the chance of your set being good is going to be lower, since there is a much higher chance when there is a flush showing on the board that someone will have the 2 suited cards.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If much players have went in with low bets, you can play almost any cards assuming you are in late position. Once in a while you will hit something really good with trash hands and it will pay off because of many participants in that hand.
Other than that - play premium and very good hands only.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you are saying. This is why I suggested that a loose strategy is actually better and I would want to see as many flops as possible. A normal 9 handed strategy must be abandoned. Because you are removing 30 cards vs 18 the odds of hitting a draw fall through the floor and the odds of 1 or 2 pair standing up are huge. Ace high is also going to be a big winner. TAG is going to be a big loser in this game.

If the villains in this game do not understand the math, I'd be really aggressive with all my hands, even air.

How come you think that mate? Without antes you're almost under no pressure at all to accumulate chips quickly. And besides with so much players you're just too easily dominated if you play those marginal hands like K10 etc.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How come you think that mate? Without antes you're almost under no pressure at all to accumulate chips quickly. And besides with so much players you're just too easily dominated if you play those marginal hands like K10 etc.

Your never under pressure to accumulate chips at all in a cash game. The blinds vs the stacks allow you to sit and wait for a premium hand. Of course, in the real world, experienced players understand that this is not an effective strategy. You will simply blind and blind, get a hand and everyone folds to your raise winning the minimum, then blind for another hour.

I have been playing live, larger than 9 handed games once a week for the last 5-6 years. I'm offering my thoughts on my experiences in playing similar games (and winning). I am a TAG player but you have to adjust to the game. In games like 4 max, 6 max, turbos, ect... you have to change your style to be effective. This is just another example. No calculator is going to help, the odds are very different, if you out flop a hand it becomes very difficult for the villain to improve because you are losing so many outs to the muck. In my experiences, opening your range and seeing more flops is a very effective strategy.

Hopefully the OP will post his experiences with the game.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your never under pressure to accumulate chips at all in a cash game. The blinds vs the stacks allow you to sit and wait for a premium hand. Of course, in the real world, experienced players understand that this is not an effective strategy. You will simply blind and blind, get a hand and everyone folds to your raise winning the minimum, then blind for another hour.

I have been playing live, larger than 9 handed games once a week for the last 5-6 years. I'm offering my thoughts on my experiences in playing similar games (and winning). I am a TAG player but you have to adjust to the game. In games like 4 max, 6 max, turbos, ect... you have to change your style to be effective. This is just another example. No calculator is going to help, the odds are very different, if you out flop a hand it becomes very difficult for the villain to improve because you are losing so many outs to the muck. In my experiences, opening your range and seeing more flops is a very effective strategy.

Hopefully the OP will post his experiences with the game.

Thought we were talking about a tourney for a moment mb. But yeah ofcourse we should adjust when the situation asks for it, however I still think we shouldn't play UTG too loose 15 handed. Anyways always nice to share some thoughts ^^

Gl to op!

Top 10 Games