QQ AllIn or limp?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the 3rd best hand so All-in would be profitable. Limping allows other hands to realize a large amount of its equity by allowing them to see a flop. If you table has very aggressive raises on limpers a call and 3bet would be a great line to take. There's a lot of situations where either would be the best move but All-in would be the stronger line

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would go all in and see what happens.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in no matter of stack.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's amazing, but as far as I remember, anytime I tried to make a tricky play with AA by limping them, I got sucked out.....It's really amazing. As the RNG sees that, and insta goes nuts......

"Hey buddy, what the **** was that? Limping AA.....? :mad::mad: Ok, now take this suckout, put your openlimp in your ass, and the next time be a good guy....."

Of course you are talking about QQ, but it's a monster hand too. No limp with the Ladies.

W

wkshaggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every hand should be played situationally and positionally. You shouldn't just be going all in every time you have QQ. Nor should you be limping everytime you have QQ. There's too many variables for this to be a clear cut answer. Id stick to a standard x3 open if deep enough, and over jam/open shove around 15bb.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never limp. Raise if you want to play or dont play at all.

Renan Cardos

Renan Cardos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends a lot on where you stand and how many stacks, and the analysis of who is playing against you. Anyway, most of the time it would be limp.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack and tournament stage

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping will allow more players into the hand.

Even in limit - a good raise sends a message, "Come and get these chips if you can!"

Narrow out the field and get more money in the pot.

Good luck !

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends at what stage of tourney and how I am positioned. For the most part limp or 2x unless it is an aggressive table then more to build my stack.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would not limp it, definitely should be a raise or 3 bet - if you come across a 3 bet though, you've a decision to make between calling or making a 4 bet.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ AllIn or limp? What are you thinkin about it?

It would be useful to clarify - what exactly we are playing, how many people are at the table, the effective size of the stacks, and many other details. In poker there are no universal answers like - a pair of queens - All-In! :D

R

raylaconte

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove QQ

why play games with a little bet when every clown with an ace rag calls anyway?

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in most of the time if table is very tight

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
QQ is played like any other hand according to the factors governing that hand.

1. Tournament type (cash or free roll)
2. Stage in the tournament (early or late)
3. Chip count (your stack compared to your opponent)
4. Table position.
A lot of these things take to making a decision of any play in poker.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ Ultra rare hand

For me, the answer to your question is simple, how to play premium hands. In this matter, the first step is to evaluate the table's content, how it is behaving, for example which player is the most aggressive, the most loose and so on. With this in preparation, QQ, many fail to believe in its potential for downswing reasons. ReRaise in all positions.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise. All in is risky before the flop.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that hand if the tournament has turbo blinds you go all-in. If the tournament has slower blinds I would not limp, I would raise 2.5 times to see the flop and then judge the hand from there.

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely agreed with raise 2-3bb, and postflop plays

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in position, it's all in.

???

Why would position matter in a hand where you are all-in preflop ???

To answer the question: DON'T LIMP!

You invite the BB to see a miracle flop for free and beat you with 72o after flopping quads.
OK, rather happens rarely. But he might have K7, 33 or whatever it is that he would have
folded against a raise, that allows him to get lucky against you without having to put any
additional money at risk.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With many to play/call after me I won't shove if the propability to get called by many is high , but still it depends on my stack, previous action and other factors . I will not limp with QQ personally , and also raise-reraise is the option , but sometimes I will just call other's raise or 3bet to just see the flop :)I have to learn to play better this hand , too many times I have lost with my wrong shoves :(

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Answer a question by asking a question, how will you feel when an A or K appears on the flop and you limped in with QQ pre-flop.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If those are my only options then i say go all in, not cool to limp and get beat with a 47 off :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ Allin or limp?

If I'm in the prizes already, then i often go all-in with QQ from any position...
If the prize zone not came yet, then i try play more accurately: check, limp or raise in the late position, and if one or two players after me do call, so then i view: if i hit in the set with QQ, then i go all-in.:jd4:

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
There is no definite answer ! Too many factors are involved . Position , stack , blinds , tournament or cash, etc . Every time you play on the situation !