Preflop Raise Sizing: How much should you raise preflop?

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

excellent information the truth every decision made in the corresponding time is usually good but when you doubt and you have weak hands for each round making bluff decisions it is very dangerous the loss of chips and being far behind is a sure thing but with each hand is good to raise according to the hands offered in each round

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

T

telalovicr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop all in

i hate it from bottom of my heart

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

I think you have to put 10% of what you have

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments I don't open to different sizes depending on the position but according to the size of the stack. I am used to opening 3 big blinds at the beginning of the tournaments, then I open to 2.5 and finally, when the stacks are short I open 2 big blinds.

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is very situational, most often 2.5 or 3 bets. in my experience limping is a road to defeat, although sometimes very effective tact

C

cartonand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love all in with AA, KK, AK, QQ

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
article

We set the tone for any poker hand preflop. Every decision (or indecision) we make has an effect on the rest of the hand (and cumulatively the entire poker game) . It is important to have plan, and that includes knowing what and when to raise preflop. Plan wisely, and you will set your poker game up for optimal success more often than not.

Take a look at our poker strategy article: Preflop Raise Sizing

Do you follow these principles, or do you have a different plan of attack? Or are you more a "fly by the seat of your pants" sort of player, making it up as you go (how's that working out for you, by the way ;))?

Thank you Tammy, found this article really enlightening and thought provoking about how to vary betting sizes the deeper we get in stack size. That could come in very handy

S

shatalex1122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Поучительная статья, люблю смотреть покерный анализ за финальными столами, там редко даже доходит до флопа. Вам нужно очень хорошо играть на префлопе, обычный игрок может сбросить карты, а новичок может вколить или даже пойти ва-банк.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
around the amount of the pot or little higher, depends on many things

Drabiuk

Drabiuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rules To Help You Choose The Perfect Bet Sizes

Choosing bet sizes is not an easy task in No Limit Hold'em. There is no one "perfect" size that can be used in all situations. Below you will find eight rules that you should follow when choosing the right sizing.

There are many factors to consider when selecting bet sizes. I found very usefull those Eight rules. Rules to help you determine your bet amounts. Here's what each of these sounds like:

1. Increase your raises pre-flop if there is a weak player in the blinds.

2. Go for larger 3-bet sizes pre-flop when you are out of position after the flop

3. Use small bets (25% -35% of the pot) on boards that are dry and static.

4. Place bigger bets (55% -80% of the pot) on wet and dynamic textured boards.

5. The ratio of your stack to the pot should affect your bet.

6. Use overbets when you have the advantage of having the best hands.

7. Always use a larger size (66% of the pot and above) when double barrels on the turn.

8. Use small c-bets (25-40% of the pot) in 3-bet pots.

Good luck everyone. Shuffle up and Deal :)

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think depending on which raise you are talking about.
If it's a bluff raise then you can bet half the pot. If it's not a bluff raise, then 3bet. maybe this is wrong, but I would most likely do this :p

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mtt and talk about it, you should always make the same bet size with aces and jack 10 of the same size so that the opponent can never determine the strength of the hand by the bulk open raise, but it's another matter if you play blind on blind or for example you play with a button against two short stacks, everything is individual) if you know that there are aggressive players, you can just make a limp sometimes or on the contrary put 3.8 blinds, you need to proceed from the players, try and experiment)

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We set the tone for any poker hand preflop. Every decision (or indecision) we make has an effect on the rest of the hand (and cumulatively the entire poker game) . It is important to have plan, and that includes knowing what and when to raise preflop. Plan wisely, and you will set your poker game up for optimal success more often than not.

Take a look at our poker strategy article: Preflop Raise Sizing

Do you follow these principles, or do you have a different plan of attack? Or are you more a "fly by the seat of your pants" sort of player, making it up as you go (how's that working out for you, by the way ;))?
Thanks, I'll read the article, it seems to be very interesting, and it certainly fell into what I've been thinking these days about how to bet pre Flop. What I have noticed, is that many players with marginal hands, are relatively exaggerating in the size of the pre Flop Raise, including for good I do, but after analyzing each situation and depending on how the villain is playing, and giving me information. On the other hand, people who come with very strong hands like AA and KK, have played passively, including in a tournament I was playing, the guy in SB, came limp with KK and I on BB holding AK, I pushed, and unfortunately I found my face at the door. I particularly find it a tremendous mistake just give limp with AA, KK, QQ, in fact, I can not do that, for me be it medium pair, it's Raise or Fold, simple as that.

Good luck at the tables!

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choosing bet sizes is not an easy task in No Limit Hold'em. There is no one "perfect" size that can be used in all situations. Below you will find eight rules that you should follow when choosing the right sizing.

There are many factors to consider when selecting bet sizes. I found very usefull those Eight rules. Rules to help you determine your bet amounts. Here's what each of these sounds like:

2. Go for larger 3-bet sizes pre-flop when you are out of position after the flop

7. Always use a larger size (66% of the pot and above) when double barrels on the turn.

well written. I would also sign this.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so glad I found this post. Since I'm pretty much a beginner, this is something I definitely have to study and get better at. Great post!

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The raise I use is 3x the blinds. I think that is the standard raise for cash games. While in tournaments I use 2.5x/3x the blinds. But still depending on my opponents and my stack sizes.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good written article. I like the explanation is done there. I will take into account some things in my play. Thank you for sharing.

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

good info for the beginners out here, I would raise depending on my bankroll and the situation and the pattern of the opponents play

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

good info for the beginners out here, I would raise depending on my bankroll and the situation and the pattern of the opponents play

Estrategico

Estrategico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my way of thinking it depends a lot on the opponents and who I'm playing with, I think that for each type of entry there is a rule in exception, I say this based on the question I'm answering If it were me nation, So it depends a lot on each kind of villain, so I hungryly apply the villain I'm playing with. Congratulations on the question Stay with God thanks.;);):D:D

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
up to 3x at most 4x with kk