Pre-Flop-Ranges

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm watching the videos from the "Become a Winning Player in 30 Days" that are provided here on CardsChat.

I have also recently be looking into pre-flop-ranges and charts that show what range we should be playing from each position.

The problem is, how do I know certain chart actually represents the type of tournament I'm playing. I know one basic "ingredient" it the players at the table. One question I have also is, is it really that different from 8-handed to 9-handed?

And the main question. Where I can get this charts, knowing that they are actually good, how strictly they should be followed under X circumstances and the "right way to use them"

Any information about this topic really appreciated.

I guess following this charts would be a good spot to improve my game, would you agree?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and resources.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Any pre-flop chart ever written should be only used as a general guideline in the situations they are designed for. A player should never blindly follow any charts but instead always evaluate the given situation and deviate from the charts when ever needed.

I know, this doesn't sound very helpful but that's how it is.

How to find these charts? Well, Google is your friend. Simply googling 'poker charts' will give you plenty of options. Vast majority of charts that I've seen are for tournaments. I do not recall if there even are charts for cash games.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started learning hold'em, I played fixed limit cash games and played preflop strictly according to the charts of the starting hands, and interestingly, my bankroll grew steadily, and then I discovered NL Hold'em, and that was the end of my break-even 🙂

O

Oddiseyes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Just play more and you will feel range hand. Watch streaming/video pro players and remember how they play. Try to repeat. Eventually, understand will come.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vast majority of charts that I've seen are for tournaments. I do not recall if there even are charts for cash games.
there are both for cash games and for sit-go

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can search in App store (google or apple nevermind) and you will find Apps with ranges, I saw a lot of them. They work like a trainers or something similiar. So you can learn them anytime anywhere and try to use in the game. But important note about it that ranges don't guarantee the win, they are just starting point with more expected value and there a lot of nuances in post-flop game.

And I know a few softwares (probably paid) like GTO Wizard, ICMIZER, Hand2Note - but they are complicated and more suited for pro players.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When choosing a landing site, it is important to consider not only the maximum number of participants that can join, but also the actual number of players present. This affects the strategy: you need to change your own style, adjust preflop ranges and react differently to opponents' actions. A professional determines in advance how many opponents it is advantageous to play with, and at what point he should leave due to the loss of space to realize his advantage.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Ranges are only to help you understand if your opponent could bluff you on some spot, and to help you to better recognize his hand, but its only asuming, you cant never be sure what your opponent have.