The Power of Position!

Mc4Dedicated

Mc4Dedicated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there! My first post here.
So today I started what will represent a big challenge for me: Become a winning Poker Player in 30 days course!
And just started reading I have a question. What does "real estate" means in Poker?
I'm a beginner Poker Player and english is NOT my first language so there's a few terms that I can't translate well.
Most subjects have their cliches. For example, you may have heard that real estate is about
“Location, location, location.”

Thanks for your time! :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it means Position, Position, Position or that Position is very important in poker because you get the added advantage of having the most information before you make your play.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Understandable because this reference to real estate is an English expression (every language seems to have their own unique expressions which lose something in translation) :D

"Real Estate" is the market of buying and selling properties (mostly houses/land for businesses). The English expression states that when deciding on a good property to invest into, it declares "Location, location, location!" The meaning is that if you buy a property (land) to open a business (for example), then you'll probably do best to pick a location where you are likely to have a lot of passing traffic willing to stop in.

The reference (joke) in the course was "Position, position, position" in poker being as relevant as "Location, location, location" in real estate (buying/selling).

All it means is that position in poker is one of the key fundamental elements of the game which has a lot of importance. :)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is THE most important skill-based factor in poker.

Luck is ultimately the most important thing to have in poker on any given hand. However, that's not something you can control. Playing more hands in position is something you can control.