Out and Pot Odds application

J

jordabb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I know the rule of 4+2. Pot percentages is a bit of a weakness, i wouldnt be the best at maths and esecially on online poker when the time is limited.

My question is how is the best way to apply these, specifically on online poker. Live would not be an issue.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Opinion

I do this. I usally only bet good hole cards. They do a third of the time. so if hole cards haven't hit in a while bet them folding the winners.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are asking how do you improve your calculation during the online poker that has a timing bank counting the answer is that only practicing you will start to make the math in a fast way

There is no magic solution to do it, cont you outs and Multiply per 2 or 4 depending on how many streets you will have. You will do this kind of math some that repetitively so much times that will know by heart what is the odds of certain hands and flops.

J

jordabb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, that is my question asked. So it is simply put: practice and memorize.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dfda625585ef2f323c66a3f877440fd0.png

Here's a quick "outs" reference guide which should help:

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule of 4 is now obsolete because of the high error margins, replaced by rule of 2. Calculating your percentage outs without calculating the pot percentage is futile.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I count everything automatically. Already after 3 years of playing, intuition has developed into forgiveness. But not someone is immune from defeat.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I have read 4-2 rule is the simplest method to calculate the odds of your hand in poker is only put into practice every time we play until it becomes a habit

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator