Position from which you play

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In real estate its all about location, location, location, and in poker its all about position, position, position. When you have position you get to go last and you have more information than the other players because you get to see what they did.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Position is one of the most important things during a poker game in my opinion...

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have this problem with table position, I play fearlessly anywhere on the table.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it affects at least who will make the first or last bet. I advise you to watch video tutorials on YouTube for example.

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a early position I tend to play more tight ,in a late position I get more loose

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a special position in which I play, I play from any position, but it also depends on the situation, if I have a bad day that I can't complete good hands, then to bluff I have to play from the BB to give an All In.

I don't have this problem with table position, I play fearlessly anywhere on the table.

I'm the same way. Not to disregard positioning in poker because I do think it's very important and can give you an advantage. But the thing of it is that you can have AA on the button and still get them cracked. You can win in poker in any position and any card so I play both tight and aggressive from anywhere honestly

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the situation in various places.
Those who ask only such questions are beginners.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is not easily important. She's super important. This applies to postflop play in the first place. poker game with insufficient information. And the position gives you this information to get. Always try to be on the button or closer to the button, knocking out opponents to your right. And you will have a lot of money. )

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
learning to be observant

Does it affect a lot if you are in the big blind, small blind, after the big blind, two after the big blind? how does it affect? Talk to me a little, please thanks

poker in my opinion is a game of skill but being in the big or small bling does put you in an advantageous position when holding premium hands, it has benefited me greatly a few reads you could look up on YouTube as well for in-depth info on how to approach certain flops

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, the range of hands to open in poker depends on many factors, including your position at the table !!!

Short, but well said :)

In real estate its all about location, location, location, and in poker its all about position, position, position. When you have position you get to go last and you have more information than the other players because you get to see what they did.

and when you have position on everyone, it is free real estate :D

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that I need to pay more attention to that, "position" and my poker would improve

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite positions are in the small blind, big blind, and the button of course. I wish I could see and know for sure, but the small blind may be my most profitable position, especially against weaker players limping on the button. And I don't mean from squeezing.

Position plays a big role in how i play the hand. It is also important to be able to pick up on the players who just don't understand position or ignore it, because this will heavily influence your decisons.

It is also important to understand that players in the blinds can have ANY two cards. If the only hand that can beat you is 10 2 offsuit, the player who limped in early position is unlikely to have it, but the blinds may.

There is so much I have gleaned from playing the blinds that as much as I want to share I am afraid that others will use my own tips and tricks against me, lol. There are some instances where I like betting first.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would usually play more looser in late position. Would rather play late position because if for some reason don’t connect on hand, then can fold to minimize damage.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

position is the most important part of the game and I'm looking to play more late positions and early only with middle and up pairs or monster connectors

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is very important, it's statistocally proven advantage. If you get some sort of tracking software you can track your winnings and see it for yourself. Usually I play 6max cash and prioritize playing button and cut off, really helped me win some buyins.

C

cornedbeef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i can play from any position

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is important. Being In Position (IP) as opposed to being Out of Position (OOP) gives you many advantages. Being IP allows you to realize more equity than being OOP. The fact that you get to act last means that you have more information than your opponent. Using this informational advantage you will be able to realize 5-10% more equity than the pure equity of your hand.