freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
any study tips or material to study and improve the game in relation to position / range / bet ?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 30 Day course (free) on cardschat sounds helpful for you. There are also MANY free downloadable preflop charts online based on position, but I don't find a ton of value in memorizing any of these perfectly. I only skim them as a guideline because my range I am comfortable with playing is likely different from the one who created the chart (usually either a pro/expert poker player or a chart overly simplified for the beginner player and neither of these extremes seems particularly helpful to me right now).

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
With online preflop charts, all you have to know is the worst possible hand you would play in each position. All those above the worst hand are then playable.
How you play them is also dependent on the style of the villains left in the hand.
Remember each street card(s) may improve or worsen their hand and yours.
If the board becomes too wet, even pocket aces loses value very fast.

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks, I'm stopped, unable to evolve my game, I want to study my range and maybe change something

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best piece of advice I can give for those trying to up their game is one I still find myself struggling with. It's important but, oh so hard to follow:

Don't try to bluff a calling station.

Sounds simple and basic. But I can't tell you how often, Everytime is sit down to play, I make those stupid mistake. It's butal, and its a hell of a leak that I have yet to fully plug.

As for preflop charts. That's just simple memorization. Grab a chart you believe to be accurate, and make some flash cards. You'll have it down in a few weeks at most. They next level is knowing when to bluff - so this involves learning opponent play styles, and their opening ranges. Level three is studying GTO and Is the ultimate in preflop game improvement. And that involves hand strength, chips on the table, chips in stacks, position in the tournament, etc. It's way more involved and takes years to learn.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in a position, you can not pay much attention to the hands being played, here the information on the opponent is more important.

The range of hands is more important against aggressive opponents and calling stations, and against tight players it is easier to know whether the flop is right for their hands, and whether they need to draw a suitable hand.

And the amount of bids depends on what you want to get, call or fold.:)

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, I've been trying to study a little more moves in the button, smallblind and big blind, know how to play in these positions even without good cards