out of position

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have high pairs in hand but are out of position against two villains. How should you act after the flop? Usually in those cases you have top pair.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
when you have high pairs in hand but are out of position against two villains. How should you act after the flop? Usually in those cases you have top pair.

The easy answer would be : Play it fast, go all in. But poker is not an easy game. Even the best hand in it is vulnerable.
You need to provide more information to get an answer. Even if your pair happen to be over the board, your action will depend on the texture of the flop, how committed you and your opponents are and what kind of players they are. And a raised or 3bet flop is another factor that would play there...

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the top pair on the dry board, I will continue to bet on the turn on the twist if I do not strengthen, I will give up!

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, most of the time I check-call having top-pair, because most of the time I have chaeck-raised they have folded their hands and I have a hard time catching the villains. The idea is the best way to catch them, counting that I speak first.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well it depends on your position, if im first to act after the flop then i will bet a sizable bet to let him know im ahead but not too much in case he has higher pocket pairs, if you are last to act you can always adjust and get a read on his ******.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The goal of every poker player is to play more hands in position. This gives you more opportunities for making the right decisions and, as a result, winning the bank. If you are sitting in the button's seat, you need to seize the moment, because it is always playing in position.
This is why poker players in position are almost always in the hand, players out of position often fold pretty good hands. There are two things to consider when choosing a hand:
The strength of your starting cards.
Your position postflop.
If you have a "fat plus" - a late position, then the strength of the hand may be less. Conversely, only very strong hands in the upper range can be played out of position.