I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokeramas logo 3 pra CC

Hello players and aspiring players, I'm going to start a project with the aim of sharing the experiences I had in poker, mainly addressing the issue of mentality, emotional intelligence and the essence of poker.
And I think that if through this experience, which made me learn the hard way and how to kneel before poker, it shortens the path for those who are just starting out, I will have the satisfaction of a mission accomplished.
I will cover the techniques, tools, routine disciplinary issues and also some basic concepts explained in a simple way with the aim of being a motivating and facilitating instrument on your path, so if you want to warm yourself in this small fire, the fire is already built.
I will inaugurate the project at the beginning of next year through Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter and also with some "twitch broadcasts as soon as I can", to have fun and share this joy that is living this poker journey and sharing this gratitude I have for the entire poker community, and for being this great instrument of self-knowledge, discipline and evolution, and this path is open to everyone who wants to try!
So I decided to start posting here in full some adaptations of the content into English before the launch, which will be on the 7th.
It's simple and direct content, there's nothing new but it's made from the heart, for those who are starting out and also for those who are in bad phases and would like to get back on the path of a positive poker mentality.
So I will gradually leave some messages and insights, some publications about the routine that helped me, videos, meditations, phrases that I wrote from my experience and a bunch of things. You're all invited!

Last edited by a moderator:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preparation and dicipline

Poker can be a really fun hobby when placed in the right place in your life priorities. However, if you see poker as fun and moments of relaxation, you shouldn't feel irritated when you lose, or make decisions that disrupt your routine and daily commitments.
However this is not about poker, it is about poker showing your blind spots and shortcomings in life. Like everything in life, poker reflects your qualities and defects, people who are compulsive in life will be compulsive in poker, people who are irritated in life will be irritated in poker.
Many people criticize or judge sport, however, everything in life in excess and placed in the wrong place in your priorities can be harmful.
That's why poker for me was a great tool for self-knowledge, and it can be for you too!
The point is to consider and prioritize;
- How does poker fit into your life?
- What does poker mean to me?
- How much time can I have out of my routine to dedicate to poker?
- What can I do to make it healthy?
Ask questions and act in the healthiest way possible, each person is unique and only they can understand what is best for them.
Some people have the illusion that poker will be easy money or that large amounts of money will make you rich like a lottery ticket, in some cases it can actually happen, but this is an exception. To reach your best as a player and make it a profession or life purpose, you will need to have a lot of discipline and create routines that facilitate learning and strengthen your mind and body.
Poker requires you to be in tune in all spheres, mentally, physically and intellectually. That's why I'm offering these tips and guidance, with the intention of showing a path that was very useful for me and that could perhaps be useful for many other interested parties. So, little by little, depending on my time availability, I will leave messages, reflections and part of the actions and habits that I acquired and that changed my mentality in poker, making me improve my performance. A big hug and GL!

Tips and mental training will also be available in portuguese via Twitter, Instagram and YouTube from 01/07/2024

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We often end up victimizing ourselves and entering cycles of endless suffering and pain,
not understanding that pain and suffering always carry a lesson and learning.
Focus your attention on solutions and not complaints, complaints don't solve anything.
Don't give up! Each difficulty is a step towards getting where you want,
and if you don't want to learn then this wasn't your real dream.

Nao desista dos seus snhos ingles

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is poker your dream? Or is it the money it provides?

O poker  seu sonho ou  o dinheiro em ingles

Many players start playing and are attracted by the glamor that the game involves and also the money it provides, others by the emotions and sensations it can cause.
It was no different for me, my first contact with poker was in this way the competition, adrenaline and ego were stimulated like I had never experienced. After the first contact I already wanted to discover how to win and make money, I had my first experiences of victory and I increasingly felt involved in this cycle of emotions.
It was then that I began to experience the bitterest side of poker, and he brought me to my knees by showing his nature, and that he had much more to teach me than just chasing money and inflaming the ego and stirring up emotions.
Poker taught me a lot about self-knowledge, and that positive results in poker are a direct reflection of your mentality and your lifestyle and how you deal with discipline and health care (mental, physical, intellectual and financial). )
If you are in poker just for the money, you will probably give up. Now if you have time, love the sport, but are facing difficulties, I say don't give up, trying all kinds of adaptations and changes to achieve your goals and your dreams.
Stop wasting time thinking negatively about plays, and the way they happen while you play. It is a difficult process not to project your thoughts while playing, or when you are in a difficult phase, where you have seen many favorite hands being broken, and it seems that you guess that undesirable card that hits the river and makes you lose with a 90% chance. to win. This is actually the mental projections that you are attracting, it seems silly or something surreal, or even mystical, but this is real and I have experienced it firsthand.
A big point is not to confuse between trying to control or making a mental effort to win, and not projecting your negative emotions and feelings onto events. Observe carefully, and permeate these mental questions by accepting the eventuality of events and dissolving this in observation.
Don't make poker a race for money, or this will only be left in the end, a useless effort that will only cause trouble, and maybe you'll get there in your capitalist goal and realize that it wasn't quite what you wanted. Approach poker lightly, or with purpose. but play for the game and not just for materialistic ambitions. Of course we all like to make money, but don't make it the final destination, or you will be disappointed.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time we end up focusing on situations over which we have no control, causing us to fail to notice and take advantage of all the opportunities that come our way. Enjoy and learn from difficulties with joy!

2 seja positivo em ingles
Be grateful for this opportunity to do what you love, believe in and have fun!
How many people would do anything to have the opportunities you have, so stop complaining and accept obstacles with joy, today is your opportunity to win!
And if you don't win, don't worry about it, focus on what you learned, either you win or you learn, there is no defeat!

From 01/07/2024
I will be continuously releasing these insights in Portuguese BR, along with some videos commenting on this experience regarding the poker mentality and basic concepts explaining the lines of reasoning behind the logic part of poker
So if you want to continue, take advantage and save these insights on other social networks, here are the links: Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Twitch.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't listen to your mind, it can tell you lies and make you forget the strength you have to change the results.
Keep your mind clear and calm and use it to observe and make the most of each situation to your advantage.
When you understand that your biggest opponent is yourself, nothing can stop you!

3 nada tem o direito de dominar sua mente ingles

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotional control

When I started playing I didn't know the concepts and didn't really understand what the game itself was, I had some wrong judgments about the players. I thought, “How can this expressionless player win, he looks empty” and then I thought he didn't look smart, and maybe he was just lucky.
I thought that players with a more confident and energetic expression looked more competent, and in fact this meant nothing other than their personality. Well, as time went by I began to understand why some players showed indifference when playing and that it wasn't quite what it seemed.
There is a key point to a good performance in poker which is observation and emotional tranquility, this will not take away your personality but rather preserve your mental energy so that you can have clarity of thought during the huge marathon that is winning a tournament .
As counterintuitive as it may seem, you need to be empty when playing tournaments, which is why it is so important that you have confidence in what you know and practice, and this can only be acquired with time, study and conscious repetition. Mental pollution and complaining will not solve your problems, only mindfulness can help you.
Because it is a very elaborate and complex game, many of us have great potential, we are creative, but we forget that the most difficult thing is to do the simple thing well. The most sophisticated of arts, the most beautiful music is always created in the beauty and sophistication of simplicity. It is very difficult to find simplicity in the midst of complex and volatile activities.
Having emotional intelligence does not mean that you should imitate other players or their poker faces, it will require effort to be someone you are not, just be calm, attentive and confident.
Don't waste your energy celebrating hands, or stressing about losing a hand in which you were favored, one of the many skills that a good poker player possesses is detachment, instantly detach yourself from these situations and focus on the current scenario you find yourself in. yourself. Never celebrate beforehand and never give up until you lose the last chip!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes we end up being swallowed up by unproductive criticism, we forget our value, everything we have already achieved and what we have learned. Therefore, don't take criticism from those who are not where you want to be so seriously. Know how to filter which criticisms encourage you to be better!

4 nada tem o direito de dominar sua mente ingles

No one is in your shoes, no one knows everything you went through to get here.
So stop giving so much importance to criticism that doesn't add anything, this says a lot about the personality of whoever is judging you and not about you.
Take advantage of the criticism that drives you to be better, and discard what is useless, don't take other people's opinions personally.
Know who you are!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A big hug to the cardschat family, I wish you a Christmas of happiness, love and peace.

Feliz natal em ingles

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times we initially get excited about some activity, and discover that we have talent, but talent alone is not enough to sustain a dream. It takes resilience, dedication, discipline and continuous effort. Nothing in life is easy, and if it were, it would lose its fun!

5 o esforo  nescessrio ingles
Did you think it would be easy? Who told you that lie?
Nothing is easy in life, it is you who becomes strong and everything becomes easy because of your effort. Either you suffer from not leaving where you are or you suffer to change!
The first step is the hardest and then with each step everything gets easier. Make the right effort. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, know yourself and know what you are good at and what you need to improve.
You are strong!
For Brazilians who want to follow the insights, and incorporate these mindsets into their daily routine, I will be starting to publish daily in Portuguese from 01/07/2024 on the platforms: Twitter , instagram, Twitch , youtube e Facebook

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excessive thinking and negative projections

Poker requires mathematical, technical and statistical knowledge, but the key point that is difficult to understand is that thinking while playing can be very bad for your performance, execution logics when incorporated with true understanding will make you make decisions naturally and effortlessly. It's very difficult at the beginning of your journey to understand something as counterintuitive as what I'm saying now, but with time - practice and repetition, the patterns of events become natural and you incorporate the learnings.
Therefore, at the beginning of your career it is important to learn the tactical basis offline, in exclusive moments of study, to give you the necessary security to make the correct decisions without excessive effort or negative mental projections, which end up creating accumulated cycles of tilt and negativity. that will ruin your game and your fun.
As I created this page exclusively to address the mental part of poker, I will try not to go too much into the merits of the logical issue, but it is necessary that you understand these pillars to have a reference base, and identify each player's patterns and take counteractions. effective for maximizing chip gain and minimizing chip loss, this is based on each player's style. -And what is the parameter to identify each player's style? -it is the best possible way to play (GTO) or Optimal Game Theory, which is based on studies and repetitions and sampling of already recorded situations that arrived through statistical calculation tools that defined the ideal way to play poker and be a winner, profitable. However, this question is very broad because even if players were able to play all types of situations optimally they would still have points to be explored based on this theory, poker is a sport of adaptation, observation, perception and action. Even the ideal way to play will be to fold hands because it is not right to call or to stop extracting more chips because it is the right option. The point I want to get to is that emotional intelligence, observation and a trained mind make a difference!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Understanding is different from learning, you can learn to speak a language, but you will only be well articulated if you understand it. It is necessary to explore different points of view to expand your understanding, however, do not repeat everything you see, develop your authenticity.

6 voce  unico ingles

Don't waste your time imitating anyone, don't focus on doing things like a "parrot" hoping to have the same results as someone else. Focus on the process of self-knowledge and personal improvement based on your characteristics.
Don't force yourself to be something you're not, this will be unsustainable in the long run, improve yourself and forget about others.
Focus on you!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The journey is yours and regardless of where you sought your success, it is the result of your effort. Don't delegate your success to any other author, or try to impress those around you. Being grateful is different from being used and coerced. You don't owe anyone anything, and you don't even have to impress them!

7  mrito seu  ingles

The merit is yours, enjoy your achievements!
You were the one who dedicated your time, you were the one who decided to take advantage of the opportunities for learning and self-improvement. Don't waste time trying to impress anyone or justifying yourself.
You decided to help yourself, content and teachings are everywhere, but we only realize and evolve when we decide to make an effort.
Be proud! You did it all by yourself, enjoy it wisely.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sem ttulo

You have to keep in mind that when you are willing to do a poker session both recreationally and professionally, you must be free, willing and aware that poker tournaments take time to finish. So don't try to rush things, trying to win every hand as if this would shorten the path to the final result.
Set the session time and make sure you have no other commitments, focus your attention on the now and only on what you can control. The end result is just the consequence of all the small correct actions you took during the tournament.

You will make mistakes, "patience", sometimes you will win even if you make mistakes and the times you lose it will become a learning experience. Sometimes we fail to win until the end of the day simply by adopting a mentality of giving up or losing control, by a simple favorite hand that doesn't hold, the one sliced up in your stack.

Enjoy the experience and the process, there are unlimited ways to win a tournament, are you sure you only want to try the one way that goes well and you are confident?
I've been through countless situations of winning in tournaments, from leading the tournament from start to finish, or like a roller coaster in an up and down, or holding the tournament short stack until bursting the bubble with 0.2bb, 1/5 of 1 bb and pass the bubble and nail the tournament after a sequence of successful shoves.

Everything is a matter of patience and finding the right opportunities to act, forcing the creation of opportunities is an illusion, it is not the imposition of your thoughts that will generate the opportunity, it is observation and acceptance that will make you perceive the opportunities with more clarity.

It is obvious that it is necessary to have a minimum mathematical and technical learning base to play poker profitably, however these concepts will help you maximize your talent and technique.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you've prepared yourself, you've become stronger, now it's time to win!
Be confident, you did all this to get to this moment, it's now!
Everything you need is within you, so leave the pressure to those who haven't prepared, you know what you want and nothing can stop you! Be you!

Se preparou  hora de vencer ingles

If you've prepared yourself, you've become stronger, now it's time to win!
You prepare every day, learn in every situation, and try your hardest with all your heart.
It's time to play, this is your best moment, so relax and observe, know that you are ready to act in the best way, in any situation that presents itself.
Don't try to control events, control yourself and events will dissolve in your control.
You are the owner of your reaction and this will put you at an advantage over most players.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not every day will reward you, but you win when you learn from the bad days. Don't be discouraged, remember that everything passes, everything changes, nothing is permanent. Maybe you just need to take a break and relax. Don't worry too much, analyze your performance and not the result.

9 nem tods dias vao te recompensar em ingles

Not every day will reward you, but you win when you learn from the bad days.
Don't rely exclusively on results, there will be days when motivation is lost, on these days remember that discipline is your great ally.
Don't carry these bad days into other days, the opportunity may be waiting for you at the end of the day, the next day or the next week, so do your part and always be ready to embrace the opportunity. Dissolve the bad phase through discipline.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Cool, this is definitely useful and interesting information. I subscribed :)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Balanced Range

Balana com cartas e fichas

Having a balanced range is very important so that your game does not become predictable or lacking in induction power, many players may not know what this means. Having a balanced range means that you play value hands in X way but with some frequency you do this with bluffs.
The concept of range balance is directly linked to balancing the sizes of your bets (Bet sizing) and your actions. In other words, if you make value C-bets with a size of 25% of the pot you will also have to make these same bluff bets, with a certain frequency. If you make bluff bets on the turn with a size of 70% of the pot on the turn you will also have to make this same value bet with some frequency. The big secret is finding the most suitable frequency for your playing style, it's a matter of self-analysis and perception.

So imagine a player who only gets into hands at the top of the range, that's around 15% of the range, if he raises it's easy to know that he has a good hand. Or the player raises all hands and always bets all streets (rounds), it's easy to know that at some point he won't have a good hand.
Of course, betting frequencies to balance the value and bluff of your range must be stipulated with common sense. I won't bluff a lot with low bets like 20% to 30% of the pot because I'll get called most of the time, and I won't value bet with higher bet sizes like 60 to 70% of the pot either because I will be paid many times over. However, this is a bias that must be explored by observing your image at the table in relation to the image of others, opportunities will arise.
Your range balance should be based on a general sample of your hands, however it is always good to be aware of table movements and the balance of the tournament in progress, not all players will have a hud to monitor their statistics in general, so It is important to keep in mind your momentary balance of the table in progress.
This concept is one of the most important for playing intelligent and competitive poker, that's where the game gets interesting and fun!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
11 se exercite diariamente inlges

Exercise daily, this will clear your mind and irrigate your brain and prevent injuries to your body caused by a sedentary lifestyle. Poker players spend long periods of time sitting using only their mind and intellect, but remember that you can only practice this activity because you have a body. Exercise daily.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, the easy decisions are usually the right ones.
When you stop to think about a decision, the best option is usually to give up.
How many times have you experienced this? You stop, think, think... and pay when you shouldn't!

15 decises faceis sao as certas em ingles

Excessive thinking reveals factors in itself that are already a warning, in fact when you stop to think you are trying to convince yourself in some way that it is the correct movement, but not because it is really correct, it is because you have created an attachment to the hand, pot or any other reason. They are nothing more than counterintuitive mental justifications.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything in life is balance
Exercising is good, studying is good, having fun is good, working hard is good.
But self-observation and adaptation are the key to achieving balance and continuous improvement in your daily routine.

14 tudo na vida  equilibrio em ingles
If you feel tired playing, check whether you are exercising too much.
If you experience back pain, assess whether you are playing too much.
If you feel mentally tired, take the day off and do something that is fun for you.
Excess hinders your evolution, pay attention to your body and mind, they will give you warnings, don't ignore them.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a great value gained from calm observation and mindfulness.
When you open up to accepting situations as they are, you open up the space that mental complaints or anger occupy in your mind. As much as it may seem like you don't remember all the endless situations you go through in poker, when you absorb them with acceptance and tranquility they will be stored in your intuition, and at the right time you will effortlessly know what to do.

Quanto mais situaes vc ve mais intuiao tem ingles