Poker training, coaching, studying. Which site??? Budget for one only

U

UpRunner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard good things about upswing and someone said he liked Ryan LaPlante's site... IF YOU'VE SPENT MONEY ON TRAINING...

Which was most valuable?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat UpRunner,

The sites that you've mentioned are not bad at all. It really comes down to your personal prefrence. And of course, it depends on what you like to study? Tournaments, spins, cash-games... Every site has its speciality.

Personally I like Jonathan Little's content. Also Jordan Drummond has a good no-nonsense approach.

But first, go to Youtube and sample the materials from all the coaches that you are considering and see what you like.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never paid for coaching but watch team fearless for free mental game coaching while playing tough main events lol good luck.:)
Lot of free content on CardsChat from people like Gripsed and many others think you do not need to pay for any training personally but I am stubborn and everybody is different.
This free course is recommended by the CardsChat administrators become a winning player in 30 days.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-a-new-ebook-training-course-455641/
But yes I recognise though that we can make mistakes that we do not realise until somebody points it out to us when we are standing in the frame I suppose and learning is very important good luck with whatever you decide.:dontknow:

Last edited:
cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
We spend some money on coachingwebsites and it was very useful.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard good things about upswing and someone said he liked Ryan LaPlante's site... IF YOU'VE SPENT MONEY ON TRAINING...

Which was most valuable?

I think that every member of our community knows and has a great opportunity to take our free course. I am convinced that our course is much more useful than some paid courses.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

I agree, but I do believe there is much to be gained by some other sites. However I would at least start here for free the info is solid and it only costs your time. After you take the course it might even give you some insight into things you might want to work on and help you decide on a paid site.

I paid for Jonathon little and found it both very helpful and useful and a bit overwhelming. Nice thing is there is so much content on his site you can find plenty info on any subject regarding poker on his site.

As for Ryan Laplatte nothing but respect for him though I haven't paid for any of his content what I have seen for free is extremely useful.

Upswing took the free intro with him just didn't feel it suited me. But I would assume he has mostly good content just haven't been through it.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only one

In one place you will not be able to find everything on some platforms you can play with play money that helps you train but the main thing is always to know the odds of winning.

Generally, no one can advise you or coach you since it is an individual game, your preparation and decision will always depend on your knowledge. I recommend you document yourself on the strong hands, the projects and play a lot in free tournaments.:D