Poker Tracker Unfair Advantage?

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I've started using poker tracker 4 about a month ago I noticed that even though when an opponent loses the hand and he mucks, the tracker still displays his hand or a few seconds after. It's a small thing but I think it gives us an unfair advantage as you could not get that information without the tracker. What do you think?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but in my opinion if a player has changed the setting in his poker client software to not show a hand, then even PokerTracker can't see it.

If the player has not changed that setting then you can see his his hand even without PokerTracker. Not in the game, but in the replayer built in the client.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this is completely unfair.I do not use any programs and I am very sorry that other players try to win against me in this way.it's not fair play-and I don't even know where it's fair.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If players are willing to pay to have an advantage, I think it's fair... Same as life: if you have money, it gives more possibilities.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since I've started using poker tracker 4 about a month ago I noticed that even though when an opponent loses the hand and he mucks, the tracker still displays his hand or a few seconds after. It's a small thing but I think it gives us an unfair advantage as you could not get that information without the tracker. What do you think?

There is no unfair advantage, any player has the ability to replay the hand in the client and they will see the same info. The only advantage is when you use a tracker you don't need to replay the hand in order to see the cards that were mucked. The only cards you see are the cards you have a right to see based on the rules of poker.

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no unfair advantage, any player has the ability to replay the hand in the client and they will see the same info. The only advantage is when you use a tracker you don't need to replay the hand in order to see the cards that were mucked. The only cards you see are the cards you have a right to see based on the rules of poker.

OK, if you can replay the hand then fair enough :) I didn't know the option existed.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ron is right. In all instances, PokerTracker can only provide information that anyone has access too. Anybody can keep track manually of stats; keep a collection of hand histories; or replay hands that made it to showdown to see holdings. The only (significant) advantage to tracking software is how much easier it makes this process.

So long as you're using a program that a site allows, the advantage that you're gaining is a fair one.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The replay features are not entirely consistent from one OS platform to another unfortunately but nonetheless it would only be unfair if everyone wasn't allowed access the the same features, in this instance, HUDs.

For example, like how for months recently (and possibly still to this day) in tourneys with add-ons mobile users like myself haven't been unable to purchase add-ons like everyone else in the tournament.

That is unfair.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide