Poker strategy to improve play

J

JL2727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played poker off and on for years; more so many years ago than lately.

I'd like to get back into it, but would also like to know if there are any MUST read books for learning basic strategy, tips, advice, etc. I used to have Phil Gordon's "The Real Deal" and The Little Green Book, but don't have either anymore. Is it worth re-buying? Are there others that anyone would recommend?

I like to play micro level cash games with the hope of someday working myself up to a higher level.

Thank you

TheStrayBlog

TheStrayBlog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure there are some good books out there that people could recommend but you may want to consider YouTube Videos, Vlogs and Blogs. There is a lot of good content out there.

If someone leaves a recommendation for a good book or two hopefully they will have a good suggestion for looking into GTO strategies.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi a great book for micro cash games is "crushing the microstakes" by Nathan Williams. You can find it online on his website. It teaches you pretty much everything you need to know and look for when playing at low levels :)

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are great but it seems that the new generation of Poker Players are using videos and online schools to improve their game, it seems to be more effective and exciting