Poker strategy

J

Jimmyjaat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys plZ help me out .. whenever I goes all in ...I prays for my cards to come but everything goes wrong ....if I prays for a 7 to not come it just comes in next

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi Jimmy, then you have to stop praying:) Why do you even pray God to help you in gambling.. So next time, you stop praying before or in play but after you win something just present your gratitude to God. This is the key!:)

Also, what are those cards you shove all in with?

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys plZ help me out .. whenever I goes all in ...I prays for my cards to come but everything goes wrong ....if I prays for a 7 to not come it just comes in next

Yeah, praying may not be the preferred method at the poker table. How about just risking all of your chips with the nuts? Even with a small stack, you don't necessarily have to risk your remaining chips with a medium hand. Maybe it helps you to take a closer look at the hands and game situations with which you push all-in. :eek:

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Praying for specific cards to show or not to show, interesting would have never even given that any thought. If it works continue doing it and if it doesn't probably move one to something that will improve your edge. Just a thought ....

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it have to do with Strategy? Choose to which God to pray? :D

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest trying to switch your focus away from the results and toward the decisions that you can control.

Will a 7 Hit? Outside of your control.

Should you Call the All-in with 77? In your control.

Focus all of the thought you devote to poker on aspects that are within your control, and your results will improve :)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With regards to the subject of visualisation and the suchlike, there is no such thing as a 'negative affirmation'. :)

So when you think "no jack, no jack, no jack!", the message you're really sending out into the universe is: "jack, jack, jack!"

This is why it's better to say to a child:

"Be careful carrying that plate".

As opposed to:

"Don't drop that plate".

The former is a positive affirmation. The latter is a negative affirmation, which doesn't exist, so it becomes 'drop that plate'.

Now, whilst utilising the metaphysical machine (that is our universe) is unlikely to do you any more harm than worshipping another diety, I would also suggest focusing on the aspects which are within your control.

Making good, +EV decisions, studying and analysing will serve you far better than trying to sway the Poker God's or universe's affections... :wink: