Poker strategy

M

mircea744

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My hand is AA and my oponent has KK.I go all in or rais 3BB?

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends a lot on how the bb are in the game and how the opponents are doing! I would raise 2x the pot if he turned over I pushed all in

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's really smart knowing what the bad guy has, I wish I could learn it

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stack sizes, effective stacks and position at the table are all critical details left out. Generally speaking, you want to be open raising (like 3bbs you mentioned) for value with AA. If you are shorter stacked (roughly 20bbs or less), then you need to determine how you want to proceed to probably get as many chips in as possible. It might be just one shove All-in, or it might be a combination of bets to get All-in by showdown.

The only "exception" to go All-in when deeper than this is if you really think the opponent is going to get out of line and call with a worse hand. The problem is that if you shove All-in with more than 20 bbs, a reasonable opponent will usually fold and all we get are the blinds and antes (which still isn't too bad though) whereas raising and calling versus just going All-in right away gets a few more chips than them folding to a shove.