zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone, I would like to ask this question because some people support luck and some people refuse, so we would like to discuss the subject with everyone. Thank you.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, by statistics already published in poker tournaments, 80% of the moves do not make it to the showdown. This points out that the luck factor is not decisive for poker. However, there are specific plays where luck can help, but in the long run this does not materialize.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone, I would like to ask this question because some people support luck and some people refuse, so we would like to discuss the subject with everyone. Thank you.
Poker is a mental and scientific game. The objective of the game is to use theory and methodology in a way that we control luck in our favor.
This way we do minimize losses and in maximize winnings.
It is needless to prove that poker is not a game of chance, but just in case, how some players are always winning? Because if it was luck there will never be Phil Ivey or Daniel Negreanu!

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Poker is by no means a game of luck, yet outcome of specific hands may come down to luck. The way you must look at it is how a person does over a long period of time and there you will find that more skillful people win more than they lose and the opposite is true for those who might get lucky now and then, but lose in the long run.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a skill based game, over the long term the more skilled you are the better you will do.

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to think of playing poker as part science/math and art. The science of course is knowing the odds and probabilities as this will help you a-lot when dealing with the luck factor and dealing with tilt as if you know you made the correct decision, mathematically speaking, but got the wrong result as the donkey still called you with a gut shot straight draw or other types of draws when he did not have the correct odds to call you with 1 card to come. You can think to yourself he made a mistake calling me as he did not have the correct pot odds or implied odds and he got lucky Remember you wanted the donkey to call you but he got lucky so move on knowing you made the right play for long term winning results. You will win more in the long term and the donkey will be a long term loser if he keeps chasing draws with bad calls as most of the time he will miss. The art is being very creative and finding ways to win pots that are not yours to win and knowing what hands to take to war to set yourself up to win more coin flips especially in tournaments.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker is a mental and scientific game. The objective of the game is to use theory and methodology in a way that we control luck in our favor.
It is needless to prove that poker is not a game of chance, but just in case, how some players are always winning? Because if it was luck there will never be Phil Ivey or Daniel Negreanu!
You’re right about that mate .

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Poker is a game of skill, at a distance, plus a bit of luck (it's especially impossible to go through kilofields without luck).

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Both luck and skill. Choosing a good starting hand, preflop game, identifying the tells of your opponent and varying your moves is definitely a skill.
Though, of course you can get lucky or unlucky anytime, but on the long run if you play 'optimally' you will rule out these variances.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! I wouldn't to divide Poker on smart or just luck... I think, this is all together! Because in Poker (as and in Life),
by my private opinion, the all parts in the different proportions are important!

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Za uspjeh su neophodni znanje, vještina i sreća. Ako nemaš znanje, ni sreća ti ne može pomoći.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No buddy... Poker is not a luck game.

If you rely on luck you'll end up broke.

There's so much to poker to increase your chances of making it.

A good part of it is pure math.

Another is psychology.

If you believe poker is luck, work on the psychological side of it.

Wish y'all the fattest pots at the felt.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
in poker, you need luck and you need both wits.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe and I am sure that it is more luck but also accuracy and science.

flowerpokerg

flowerpokerg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Depends where you are playing poker. Playing online, because it's soo much more faster paced, and programming behind each hand, luck would certainly be more statistically higher than playing live poker. Playing poker online, takes away the skills such as being able to read players, or getting tells that the player is bluffing. Therefore, playing more than one table at a time (I normally play 3-4 games) online which reduces the risk and luck factor and playing % chance of winning a specific hand can give you an edge. Anyways, may the poker gods be on your side in the future 😇

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
agree with you and I think it matters how you know how to attract luck to your side during the game. I experienced this, that is, I took into account my stack, my position at the table and what chances I still have and I managed to have satisfactory hands with acceptable hands not the ones that every beginner and often an established player dreams of

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think being smart is the first thing 👍👍👍

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You have to be smart at poker and also be lucky!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as there is a prize money ranking and there are regulars, you can't say it's just luck.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
mostly is skill , on how you play your hand , how you play your opponent .. but then again you may have the best hand and by the river everyting changes ... really unpredictable ... you need to really focus to be at your best .

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smart play and some luck work nicely together :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think poker is a skill and a little bit of luck because you can't win without luck in poker, so these two factors are related to poker that's 100% I can tell you

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi there. I think it's both luck and skill. (Oh how many times the last card on the table brings good luck or bad luck! )