Poker Range

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Range is just a fancy word for playing good cards.. It really doesn’t mean much..
We have tight players, loose players, weak players, bluff players as well.., You can still lose playing great cards all the time.
I had AK late in tournament w) few chips left. Flop comes A. 2, 4 .. Go all in.
Big stack 3, 7 calls.. Turn 7, River 7..
2000 to 1.. Oh Well

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am chuckling here because I go knocked out last night in a similar hand. I was all in with AQs and against K9o. Board ran out. x A x. 9 9 . I did the math, it was 330 to 1 odds. calculated this way: 45X44/ 3X2=330. If my math r formula is wrong then please correct me. oH well we deal the cards again tonight.:D:D:D

Jim

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The worst starting hand can win the best starting hand in poker, it's part of the game. The range is just to increase your chances of winning. I already lost to a ONE-outer in the river, was pair against pair, mine was higher, if he hit one of the two outers i would make a flush, and he hits the only card in the deck he could win in the river. That sucks but that is the game.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker Range is just a fancy word for playing good cards.. It really doesn’t mean much..
We have tight players, loose players, weak players, bluff players as well.., You can still lose playing great cards all the time.
I had AK late in tournament w) few chips left. Flop comes A. 2, 4 .. Go all in.
Big stack 3, 7 calls.. Turn 7, River 7..
2000 to 1.. Oh Well

Well actually, no it's not. Here's the thing, playing poker is a voluntary choice. You are under no obligation to even attempt to improve your decision making, show up, close your eyes and/or shove with any two cards to your hearts content. Believe it or not there are folks who do pay attention, study the game when they can & try to improve their decision making who will welcome you into any game you are willing to buy in to. Silly I know but, like they say, there's one born every day.
icon14.gif

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The worst starting hand can win the best starting hand in poker, it's part of the game. The range is just to increase your chances of winning. I already lost to a ONE-outer in the river, was pair against pair, mine was higher, if he hit one of the two outers i would make a flush, and he hits the only card in the deck he could win in the river. That sucks but that is the game.

Online at PS I flopped a set of 8s and got it all in to a set of 6s. The turn was a 6 and I jumped up cursing and my wife asked what was wrong, I said look at this sh*t, I looked back and saw a 8 on the river. quada over quads, i won. that's poker,

Jim

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In such a situation, you need to say thanks for the call. Rejoice that there are such opponents.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree with you that range is a buzzword)). This indicates poor theoretical training and little practice. Playing with ranges is the basis.