poker psychology

StephanJR

StephanJR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played a MTTs in the last few weeks. I can't even remember the last time I played. How many days have you been away from sports the longest?

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The day when I get away from the poker is 2-about 3 days for me.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played from 2006 to 2020. As a result, I had to learn everything first.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went about a decade without playing seriously. It makes for a different experience, especially when you go from higher stakes to micro and free.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I generally will let myself miss one or two non consecutive days a week of poker to get the feeling back of not making poker feel like a grind.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a maximum of a week, I took a break to collect my thoughts and bring my state of mind to rest-to relax, so to speak.These breaks are necessary for players to see their mistakes, improve their health, and many other factors that affect the psychology of players.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how much I have the responsibilities of others in life,now that the pandemic situation has gotten worse I am here more

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My longest break lasted about two months. Sometimes I take breaks, but small, only for 2-3 days.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not played for several years, but sometimes I follow the big tournaments.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played a MTTs in the last few weeks. I can't even remember the last time I played. How many days have you been away from sports the longest?

Hey, great question!

I've definitely gone many months without playing and always feel pretty rusty when I do.
I find reviewing a few videos before i start playing again tends to get my mind in the right head space, paying attention to and looking for the right things

Here's a great 12 video playlist on tournaments specifically, it always helps to get me back in the zone when I haven't played tournaments in a while - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

Hope you find it helpful, good luck and happy stackin on the tables! :angel:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stopped playing online poker after Black Friday in 2011 and just started back up a few months ago.

Welcome back mate!

Maybe we can catch you in some of the ACR homegames!

The stormers have a great lineup with lots of giveaways typically

And here's a little league I'm running too - http://griipsed.com/venom
(1st place in the league is paying a $2650 venom ticket to the winner)

Super fun games with a super awesome community!

Feel free to come join us :)

StephanJR

StephanJR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you

Thank you for your response. It could be helpful for me.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The psychology of poker is to know the extent of the game and stop in time, there are black days when you are just losing, you need to take a break for 3-4 days, to comprehend everything and continue to play, luck will surely come.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You are a happy person! I rarely have breaks for more than a day or two. Tell us, how did you manage to achieve such happiness?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I passed about six months without playing. It was so good discover that there are a world in outside.