Chips
C>4-may be this more 4 callers in this hand

M

monigoldj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply, Serjo. What if there are <4? Just trying to improve my game. lol

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.

R<3: Would typically mean raise if there were less than 3 people already in the pot otherwise call.

C>4: Would typically mean call if there were more than 4 people already in the pot, otherwise fold.

I cant answer why there would be C>4 entries for early position in the unraised pot column.

M

monigoldj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot, ccres. That UTG C>4 really threw me off. What you guys said makes a lot of sense. It may be flawed, but it helped me understand strategy associated with position a little better.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks a lot, ccres. That UTG C>4 really threw me off. What you guys said makes a lot of sense. It may be flawed, but it helped me understand strategy associated with position a little better.

Yeah a month ago I would have said that the chart is kind of outdated as you don't see nearly as many open limpers as you used to....however I played some live limit poker a couple of weeks ago and it was an absolute limp-fest so maybe things are swinging back that direction.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

R<3: Would typically mean raise if there were less than 3 people already in the pot otherwise call.

C>4: Would typically mean call if there were more than 4 people already in the pot, otherwise fold.

I cant answer why there would be C>4 entries for early position in the unraised pot column.
thanks for the explanation since i was wondering about R<3 and C>4:)

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks

Thanks for the explanations which I was also confused about. One question from me is does this poker odds chart only relate to the "Pre-Flop" stage of the game?

Cheers!

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I have one extra question. It would appear obvious from the poker odds chart that if a cell is blank, one should fold. However what about the situation where you are holding AK and are "Against a Cap"? Regardless of what seat position you are in, the chart recommends you should Raise in the "NR", "R" and "RR" situations. However it doesn't make sense to me that you should fold "Against a Cap", and would have expected to see "C" as the recommendation in this case.

I am probably missing something obvious here, and so would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a poker odds chart on this site @ https://www.cardschat.com/pkimg/strat/poker-odds-chart.pdf
What do the < and > blocks, e.g., C>4 mean?

hi hi moni!! :ciao:
welcome cardschat, lovely meet you
in mathematics these symbols mean....

> means greater than
< means less than

i believe is what chart refers too

blond.jpg

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one thing I find amazing is how often you miss the hands when you have 18 outs and how often another player hits the 1 out. This is particularly questionable when you think about the amount of hands you actually play and the combination of another persons hand selection converging and causing you to lose your chips on the limited number of hands you actually play. More so that this convergence happens so often before you make the money.

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I have one extra question. It would appear obvious from the poker odds chart that if a cell is blank, one should fold. However what about the situation where you are holding AK and are "Against a Cap"? Regardless of what seat position you are in, the chart recommends you should Raise in the "NR", "R" and "RR" situations. However it doesn't make sense to me that you should fold "Against a Cap", and would have expected to see "C" as the recommendation in this case.

I am probably missing something obvious here, and so would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks!

can anyone please shed light on this question?

R

runrunsha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the chart, is there a meaningful difference, in action, between "R<1 (yellow)" and "R (red)"?

example:

How is the "UTG (3)" position, "NR" column, "A9s" meant to be interpreted?

It shows "R<1", which I take to mean: "against zero other raises".

Since UTG is first to act pre-flop (and therefore there cannot be anything but zero other raises), I suppose the chart is indicating to raise (since there are no others in the pot yet), but then why not just have the red R there?

and another thing ...

UTG T9s - 65s, in same column "NR", with C>4 in the cell doesn't make sense, since how can you call against 5 or more players when you're UTG and first to act?
Is it implied that you should limp there (as the first decision)?

Does everywhere the chart is yellow imply a limp as the first decision? Seems like that would be too limp-fest-y.

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a chart to show odds for 9 player tables? Thx

I looked at the chart and its for 6 max players.
The tables i play on are 9 max players.
Do you have a chart to show odds for 9 player tables? Thx

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator