Poker Mentor

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

I am really keen to improve my game and i am in the knowledge that a mentor to help me work on my game is absolutely mandatory.

If anyone would be so kind to want to help me and has the time to mentor me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to private message me or comment on this post if you are up for the challenge :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think a mentor is necessary. I think it's enough for you to be a member of our community and play poker. Over time, you will gain the necessary experience and understanding of how best to improve your skills.

Yakk

Yakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A Mentor

Kirk;
Of course, sometimes you look for the hand of someone who has more experience, I don't think I am even close to a mentor, but I have a little knowledge and I could give you a guide that could help you acquire more knowledge.
Are you passionate about poker? Well, in a long way to go full of positive and negative emotions, it is worth going through it and living it.
To enjoy poker and improve your game you must have a certain discipline and set achievable goals, it is like learning to play baseball.
Set a schedule to study or learn how to play poker, that is, look for a book or right here on cardschat watch videos about learning poker, Collin's is very interesting.
Play or put into practice the new you have learned about poker, after your session, reflect on how it went, write the good and the bad, enjoy the good you did and ask yourself why you failed? Why were you afraid to make a certain play And because in other plays you did not take advantage of the hand you had and the position, you can also ask yourself why you played so loose or so tight, yes? It is like a frank confession of your actions.
Collect how many hands you played, how long your session lasted, summarize how your opponents were, that's a feedback and then continue studying either the book you took or the learning video in which you are.
That would be a small routine but it must be constant to acquire the basic knowledge.
What to learn? Well, the fundamental thing, but not only is reading it or memorizing it as a poem, it is understanding and assimilating it.
Define early what fashion you like the most to play in which you feel the best, Cash, MTT or Sit & go? For me, knowing a little is good of all, but you must choose the one that best suits you because each one has its own specificities that only with experience you can get to know them.
In my experience I started with Sit & Go normal speed, they are fantastic because they are mini-tournaments in which you will learn a lot about strategy, you have control of your bankroll, they are of short times, the variance is less brutal than in the MTT and every moment there is one per playing, MTTs are frustrating, having a lot of patience with long-term results, I don't think they are convenient when you start to know poker to give you an example Spraggy a PRO of pokerstars recently showed his results of the last three months in one of his months he played 419 tournaments with an average value of $ 74.00, in that month he only won three (in the first place) and had a 20% ITM, can you imagine that? It is to have a patience and confidence in the game that is only acquired with a good time of experience.
Start there, create the routine, take some time to study, understand the basics, and begin to understand the game from start to finish, each hand in each situation as it starts and how it develops in each street, pay attention to what you do and How your opponents respond and try to conclude after finishing each hand because they do what they do and place them by type of player or write down how they played like that, but the theory studied you will understand why they did what they did, you will be able to classify them and you will learn to adjust to their game and exploit them.
Tell us in a few days what you have done, how you have been and if you feel that you are moving forward, it is not easy but with good disposition and time everything is achieved.

Cheers.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah ill teach what little

Hi Guys,

I am really keen to improve my game and i am in the knowledge that a mentor to help me work on my game is absolutely mandatory.

If anyone would be so kind to want to help me and has the time to mentor me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to private message me or comment on this post if you are up for the challenge :)

Hey dude ill let you know what i know and if you think it makes sense we go from there. Theres a lot to be learned in teaching about mastery and maybe if i have something to offer we shall both benifit.

just ask here and ill reply and it will be for all to learn .

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Yakk,

I have to say thanks for all this information and tips regarding getting into a routine, i really appreciate it.

Right now i am penniless until i start my new job, so for me following what you have said would be best to get in now, play the freerolls and SNG's when i have a spare penny for the small stakes and work from there... ive noticed alot of pro's get the right diet, exercise and have the right tools around them and something i picked up on is the need to invest in a decent chair, im sat on a wooden stool essentially, which cant be helping! However, ideally i would like to discuss my hands and my play and to really get my head into the entire thought process... is this something you'd be up for doing an vice versa at all?

Kirk;
Of course, sometimes you look for the hand of someone who has more experience, I don't think I am even close to a mentor, but I have a little knowledge and I could give you a guide that could help you acquire more knowledge.
Are you passionate about poker? Well, in a long way to go full of positive and negative emotions, it is worth going through it and living it.
To enjoy poker and improve your game you must have a certain discipline and set achievable goals, it is like learning to play baseball.
Set a schedule to study or learn how to play poker, that is, look for a book or right here on cardschat watch videos about learning poker, Collin's is very interesting.
Play or put into practice the new you have learned about poker, after your session, reflect on how it went, write the good and the bad, enjoy the good you did and ask yourself why you failed? Why were you afraid to make a certain play And because in other plays you did not take advantage of the hand you had and the position, you can also ask yourself why you played so loose or so tight, yes? It is like a frank confession of your actions.
Collect how many hands you played, how long your session lasted, summarize how your opponents were, that's a feedback and then continue studying either the book you took or the learning video in which you are.
That would be a small routine but it must be constant to acquire the basic knowledge.
What to learn? Well, the fundamental thing, but not only is reading it or memorizing it as a poem, it is understanding and assimilating it.
Define early what fashion you like the most to play in which you feel the best, Cash, MTT or Sit & go? For me, knowing a little is good of all, but you must choose the one that best suits you because each one has its own specificities that only with experience you can get to know them.
In my experience I started with Sit & Go normal speed, they are fantastic because they are mini-tournaments in which you will learn a lot about strategy, you have control of your bankroll, they are of short times, the variance is less brutal than in the MTT and every moment there is one per playing, MTTs are frustrating, having a lot of patience with long-term results, I don't think they are convenient when you start to know poker to give you an example Spraggy a PRO of Pokerstars recently showed his results of the last three months in one of his months he played 419 tournaments with an average value of $ 74.00, in that month he only won three (in the first place) and had a 20% ITM, can you imagine that? It is to have a patience and confidence in the game that is only acquired with a good time of experience.
Start there, create the routine, take some time to study, understand the basics, and begin to understand the game from start to finish, each hand in each situation as it starts and how it develops in each street, pay attention to what you do and How your opponents respond and try to conclude after finishing each hand because they do what they do and place them by type of player or write down how they played like that, but the theory studied you will understand why they did what they did, you will be able to classify them and you will learn to adjust to their game and exploit them.
Tell us in a few days what you have done, how you have been and if you feel that you are moving forward, it is not easy but with good disposition and time everything is achieved.

Cheers.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiyaaa,

Of course and im certainly not in any rush, im skint, im waiting on a new job to start, so education is key, im going to play these freerolls and mark out some hands i struggled with etc and see what you think...

Would there be a way to send you my hand history from poker tracker at all?

Cheers

Hey dude ill let you know what i know and if you think it makes sense we go from there. Theres a lot to be learned in teaching about mastery and maybe if i have something to offer we shall both benifit.

just ask here and ill reply and it will be for all to learn .

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay open to any poker knowledge,from anyone,,sometimes 1 sentence from 1 person can open up your game.;) Cheers mate! :beer:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry, but I went through a lot without getting a good path in the game.Like you, I need to understand a lot of things, and I don't think I need a coach here.After all, we have long understood many things.Find your way -good luck to you!

Brian Morin

Brian Morin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, a mentor is not necessary, but at one time he helped me a lot. This was a friend of mine who had a lot of poker experience. He taught me, but we never played with him. Now there are a lot of training videos, blogs, forums like this one, where you can find both advice and a person with whom you can consult and play a game. I wish you the best of luck with your learning!