Poker Math: How are odds calculated?

chacaito

chacaito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How are the odds calculated in poker, what is ev, how are the odds calculated, and other things Mathematics of poker that I don't know, can you tell me how the aforementioned work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi chacaito,

Have you noticed that we have great resources on our site which can give you answers to your questions?

We have great free poker course that you can go through at your own pace, and we also have other materials.

So go ahead and dig in :rock: If things still feel complicated feel free to ask any questions.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are the odds calculated in poker, what is ev, how are the odds calculated, and other things Mathematics of poker that I don't know, can you tell me how the aforementioned work?​
If you expect to receive a complete answer to your question, then I can disappoint you. It's not that I or someone else does not want to help you, but that your question implies a very huge answer. To get the answer, I recommend reading Dan Harrington's 3 volumes, where you will get answers not only to these questions.

chacaito

chacaito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you expect to receive a complete answer to your question, then I can disappoint you. It's not that I or someone else does not want to help you, but that your question implies a very huge answer. To get the answer, I recommend reading Dan Harrington's 3 volumes, where you will get answers not only to these questions.
Excuse me, but my native language is Spanish and I will not understand it if it is an audio, thanks in the same way:(

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guy, if you really don't know all of this, start by the simple.

The simpliest math is: each card have a chance of 2% to be hit. that's mean: number os outs * 2 = your chance.

after this you can learn about odds and EV.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a good basic video which includes all the essential maths for poker

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator