POKER MATH

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not necessarily. You can win money in poker without even looking at the math of the game. However, to become a consistently winning player without studying the mathematics of poker game is very difficult. Moreover, without knowledge of the mathematics of poker you will seriously limit your potential.
Thus, learning poker math is not significant, but to ignore studying it would be a very stupid decision.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker math is extremely important!
In order to steadily win in poker, you need to understand poker math

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just finished reading a book by Alton Hardin called Essential Poker Math. It was very basic and easy to understand. I learned the basics of pot odds, implied odds, equity and +/-EV. If you want a basic understanding of Poker Math. I would recommend this book. Next I'm moving on to a book called Kill Everyone by Lee Nelson. Looking to improve my Tourney skills.

Good luck on your Poker Journey :)

Thank you for advice

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker mathematics is important for people who play a lot, I do not need it

Ledenev_Russ

Ledenev_Russ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless You consider the odds, over a long period of time will lose money. Of course, there will always be players who don't care about the odds, and who will make the call too often. Sometimes these players will be lucky and they will win the banks, however, in the majority, they will lose. In addition, they will fold in cases when, in fact, the chances are pretty high. This error is less common, however, and it leads to loss of money, if often to repeat it. On the contrary, if You use our recommendations, you will be able to avoid mistakes and gain the advantage over opponents.: JD4:

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more poker math you understand, the easier your decisions become...good luck.. :)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is important but don't feel you have to be a genius and calculate it at the table. You can learn some short cuts. One easy way to get an approximate on your card equity at the table is to multiply the number of your outs by 2 if you can see one card and 4 if you are guaranteed to see 2 cards (all in situation).

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes it is important but don't feel you have to be a genius and calculate it at the table. You can learn some short cuts. One easy way to get an approximate on your card equity at the table is to multiply the number of your outs by 2 if you can see one card and 4 if you are guaranteed to see 2 cards (all in situation).

not bad)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need grade level math to succeed in poker. If you can't do these level of math, even if you have skills in other areas, it's doubtful you'll be successful at the game.

I have a free odds and outs trainers newbies can download and use that will train you on the basics.

http://acepokerdrills.com

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed , having and idea on your odds and calculating them is very important to improve your game

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mathematical game

Many conversations, that a poker is a mathematical game, and it is a game with incomplete data. It can sound some difficult, but it really so. At most initial level, winning in a poker is begun with the choice of initial hand. If I am included in a bank with the best hand more often, that выиграваю more often than rivals. therefore mathematics on the second place.

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a combination of a mathematical game, psychologyand luck. You can calculate your winning chance, losing chance, outs, odds etc, but if you are bluffing or trying to read a player you are on the psychology level and last but not least its a cardgame, when you don't hit your winning cards or get a bad you can see thats not always being in 1sigma range and you are often far away from being gauss distributed

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ключевым моментом, чтобы помнить при использовании математики в покере, что решения, которые вы сделали за покерным столом не будет иметь влияние на ваш выигрыш в краткосрочной перспективе. Главное помнить при использовании математики в покере, что решения, которые вы сделали за покерным столом не будет иметь влияние на ваш выигрыш в краткосрочной перспективе.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Indeed , having and idea on your odds and calculating them is very important to improve your game

Once more time I assure oneself about importance of the math in poker when playing omaha PL / H/L. The math is applied in full. By the way, can someone offer easy-to-read book on poker match for omaha? Thank you in advance.
It is interesting to know about theory of probability and mathematical statistics for omaha poker hands.

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take every math lecture that takes care of statistics and propabilities...or you study the poker theory lessons here or at pokerstategy or any pokerwebsite. Maybe it helps you to get a first understanding of the maths behind