Poker learning tools

W

watso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any free poker courses or training you would recommend?

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any free poker courses or training you would recommend?

Hello watso
We inform you and recommended you about the CC Course when we welcome you:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/intros-foreign-languages-8/hi-everyone-480259/

CC Poker Course "Become a winning poker player in 30 days"
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-w...-poker-player/

Enjoy it!, See you at the forum!

Cheers! :)

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker trackers are the most powerful poker tool you have at your disposal. They have three main functions:
Track the hands you've played.
Calculate the statistics.
Display of statistics of opponents at the table on the screen.
Poker trackers structure your training, make it easier to analyze played sessions and find leaks in your game.
Another important feature of trackers is HUD. These are the values ​​that you will see in the window of your opponents. They show the frequency of their raises, calls and folds. In general, they give an understanding of how the opponent is playing. freerolls are a great experience, the CC forum has a good book and video tutorials, get the most out of this, good luck at the tables!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do study streams at random here and there - there are tons of good resources here as well. The problem that I find with alot of training programs and sites and such is the content is produced for the masses - and while it is beneficial for sure, there's nothing like having someone look at your game and help you to personally fix your specific leaks. I recommend you looking for a study group and putting in 2 or 3 days a week discussing hands, strategies and such.

The one essential tool you could buy is a tracker program - like poker tracker 4 or holdem manager. Having your hands and results logged for data review and study is imperative to your growth as a player...if you want to become better at poker this purchase is a MUST HAVE. Consider it an investment in yourself.

Equilabs is a great free tool to study with - plenty of YouTube content on it and how to use it.

Icmizer is a great program for tournament players and offers you one free hand analysis per day. The full version is a paid program and again, I would highly recommend it if you are trying to play tournament poker seriously.

Jonathan little puts out a live stream all the time talking about poker and certain strategies. His site - poker coaching dot com has alot of decent information for free memberships.

Lots of good things out there for sure. I hope you find this helpful.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say practice is the best teacher regards what others say on the internet. Oldskol rules* never failed and I don't know any big shark that learn poker different than this way. *

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say practice is the best teacher regards what others say on the internet. Oldskol rules* never failed and I don't know any big shark that learn poker different than this way. *

All the best players in the world use the best tools at their disposal...what good is practice if you aren't even sure which area of your game needs the most improvement? You need to play to get better, but using the tools available to you to understand what your game needs fixed most will give you something to focus on while you are playing. Blindly playing hoping to catch on and become better is just not feasible

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the best players in the world use the best tools at their disposal...what good is practice if you aren't even sure which area of your game needs the most improvement? You need to play to get better, but using the tools available to you to understand what your game needs fixed most will give you something to focus on while you are playing. Blindly playing hoping to catch on and become better is just not feasible

I think you didn't get my answer in full so I will be more specific. Oldskool doesn't mean stupid, second just because you don't know what you don't know dosen't mean others are in the same situation - no offence. Being oldskool again dosen't mean that the individual will not use the techie software into his favour, because he will if that will give him a proper advantage - in fact he may use things that 90% of people have no idea exist such software; there's people that used in the 90s what's others thing is a new thing in 2021 and in poker that's what a huge gap between players mean. Not to say that not always doing what others do will help that's all I have to say. I'm sure the people's like Negreanu and Ivey that were making millions from poker are not using the skills sets that are nowdays on the internet, in poker courses or different crappy software. The top 5% win more than others 95% do altogether and that should put any wannabe pro into thinking about what they get by applying what any other standard player does - meaning that all learn the same basic principles, "mathematical principles" that are 100% legit they say. Thanks.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check twitch there courses are often linked