• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

diego040205

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hola a todos, una gran pregunta que surge todo el tiempo es si el juego GTO o el juego de explotación es más rentable. Personalmente, prefiero el juego explotador, pero me encantaría escuchar sus opiniones.:ciao:

Hi everyone, a big question that comes up all the time is whether the GTO game or the exploitation game is more profitable. Personally, I prefer the exploitative game, but would love to hear your opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard somewhere, don't know how true this is, that GTO is really only profitable against very high level competition because its based off the best lines. Against weaker players you might get into situations where GTO says fold but you know its more profitable to call because player x is just a really bad player you can exploit.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, a big question that comes up all the time is whether the GTO game or the exploitation game is more profitable. Personally, I prefer the exploitative game, but would love to hear your opinions
It depends on the rivals with whom you play, if they are exploitable or not, from there will depend the way of playing Poker at the tables with these types of players. Everything is an adaptation according to the rivals. I agree with you, there is no such thing as freedom to play and not limit yourself to an optimal theoretical style of play.:stoned::eek::D

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll always be profitable playing GTO (unless you're up against another to player and there's a high rake). The benefits of playing exploitive are:

** It's usually easier to come up with a good exploitive strategy;
** Against weak opponents, you will do even better playing exploitively.

As an example, suppose you're in position at the river against a maniac who never folds. If you play GTO by having the correct mixture of value bets to bluffs based on your bet-size, you'll do fine. But you'll do even better by switching exploitively to a strategy of 100% value bets.

The higher the level of your opposition, the more you should be concerned with unexploitability and GTO principles.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a while I was anti GTO thinking that what's the point as nobody really plays that way in the micro tourneys where I play anyway! LOL But now I'm starting to change my mind and think it's good to know GTO so you can see how your opponents are making mistakes and therefore how you can exploit them better.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

GTO is the best baseline to have when starting in an unknown environment.

Once you had reads/stats/tells etc. it makes sense to move towards an exploitative style.

It's a combination of both... the more you know... the more you can go with the exploits

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OMwffDmYHI&t=34s[/ame]