• Start date
I Identify as a Shark

I Identify as a Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Just finished up the "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days" course here on CC for the second time.

What course would you recommend next? What are your favorite poker courses in general?

Feel free to include any other ways for someone to improve their poker game!

Thanks,

I Identify as a Shark

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Just finished up the "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days" course here on CC for the second time.
Have you requested your course completion badge?
What course would you recommend next? What are your favorite poker courses in general?
Well, after completing the CC course, I started reading books; then I ran into Jonathan Little (there are many more professionals to follow); also a lot can be learned from the experienced players (and not only) in the forum; in general, the material is a lot; now I'm taking the CC course again and reading a book.

And most importantly, but not least; lots of practice!

I Identify as a Shark

I Identify as a Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Have you requested your course completion badge?

Well, after completing the CC course, I started reading books; then I ran into Jonathan Little (there are many more professionals to follow); also a lot can be learned from the experienced players (and not only) in the forum; in general, the material is a lot; now I'm taking the CC course again and reading a book.

And most importantly, but not least; lots of practice!
Love watching Jonathan's YouTube Videos! Usually get a lot of value from them. I've thought about taking some of his courses. Definitely need to go through his free ones.

What book are you currently reading?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would suggest you give a few different one a try. Most sites have some kind of free content on their site or on YouTube, so you can trial them for free. Loads of people recommend RYE, but personally I struggle with Ben's accent so I spend too much of my effort hearing what he's saying rather than understanding the message he's trying to get across.
PokerCoahing.com
RaiseYourEdge
Upswing
BBZ
MTT Poker School

Also check out DTO - this is more like a practice game trainer, but they also have loads of really good content on YouTube.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Feel free to include any other ways for someone to improve their poker game!

Thanks,

I Identify as a Shark

There are many good books on the market on Poker, I have a few and to be honest some are disastrous, Barry Greenstein's book "Ace on the River" is perhaps one of my least favourites, maybe that is why he gives them away at tournaments when he loses.
Doyle Brunson's "Super System" has some really good tips on how to play many forms of Poker, but even he admits that Poker is forever evolving, that's why he has written several books on Poker.
One of my all time favourite books is called "The mammoth book of Poker" by Paul Mendelson and it goes into depth on many different Poker formats, I lent it to a Friend once who said it has improved his game tremendously, and he has never regretted reading it.
One final warning though-- Don't expect every player you come up against will play the way that is described in any books, because many of them have never read them. :):)

I Identify as a Shark

I Identify as a Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would suggest you give a few different one a try. Most sites have some kind of free content on their site or on YouTube, so you can trial them for free. Loads of people recommend RYE, but personally I struggle with Ben's accent so I spend too much of my effort hearing what he's saying rather than understanding the message he's trying to get across.
PokerCoahing.com
RaiseYourEdge
Upswing
BBZ
MTT Poker School

Also check out DTO - this is more like a practice game trainer, but they also have loads of really good content on YouTube.
Thank you, @Matt_Burns88. I think I'll start with the three free courses on PokerCoaching.

I Identify as a Shark

I Identify as a Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
There are many good books on the market on Poker, I have a few and to be honest some are disastrous, Barry Greenstein's book "Ace on the River" is perhaps one of my least favourites, maybe that is why he gives them away at tournaments when he loses.
Doyle Brunson's "Super System" has some really good tips on how to play many forms of Poker, but even he admits that Poker is forever evolving, that's why he has written several books on Poker.
One of my all time favourite books is called "The mammoth book of Poker" by Paul Mendelson and it goes into depth on many different Poker formats, I lent it to a Friend once who said it has improved his game tremendously, and he has never regretted reading it.
One final warning though-- Don't expect every player you come up against will play the way that is described in any books, because many of them have never read them. :):)
Thank you, @Pokerpoet2. I'll definitely check them out!