Poker coach worth it?

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The coach is useless)) because it max can help you in parsing your hands.. nothing more..
But how to play he will not tell you, because every situation in poker is strictly individual

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, if you do want a coach, let me know. I know most of them out there extremely well. I've been around for a pretty long time now. I know the good ones, and who you can actually get good value from.

I don't coach micro/small stakes for money myself. Only mid/high stakes now a days, but I know several people I can connect you to. And coaching is worth it if you can afford it. I'd say 99.35% of the absolute best players in the world have had coaching at some point in their poker careers. And it's for a reason. Successful people understand how to invest in themselves, and they do it wisely. It's what separates them from the rest of the pack in poker and life.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try finding a player that u like there strategy and game style and read there book, no better way to learn than play as much as u can. I read negreanus book and it had a lot of basics but some solid info here and there same wi Phil hellmuths book, If u have twitch on Xbox/ps4/pc there is pros playing all day long and watch them for free, Doug Polk is on there, slot of people stream Barry green stein , Vanessa selbst, negreanu, elky

A

Adict

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, if you do want a coach, let me know. I know most of them out there extremely well. I've been around for a pretty long time now. I know the good ones, and who you can actually get good value from.

I don't coach micro/small stakes for money myself. Only mid/high stakes now a days, but I know several people I can connect you to. And coaching is worth it if you can afford it. I'd say 99.35% of the absolute best players in the world have had coaching at some point in their poker careers. And it's for a reason. Successful people understand how to invest in themselves, and they do it wisely. It's what separates them from the rest of the pack in poker and life.
Why did you decide not to coach micro/small stakes? Was it because the money is not worth the effort?

Try finding a player that u like there strategy and game style and read there book, no better way to learn than play as much as u can. I read negreanus book and it had a lot of basics but some solid info here and there same wi Phil hellmuths book, If u have twitch on Xbox/ps4/pc there is pros playing all day long and watch them for free, Doug Polk is on there, slot of people stream Barry green stein , Vanessa selbst, negreanu, elky
This is actually good advice. I am not very well connected to the poker community as much as I would like too. The only poker pro's I know are the "celebrity(?)" ones. I've never been on twitch before, I'm going to try to look em up by name.

F

fija1001

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think its worth it. Unless your playing for a big money.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be careful before you hire someone to coach you. Speak to some of their students to make sure it is something you can benefit from. The right coaching can pay for itself quickly.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you decide not to coach micro/small stakes? Was it because the money is not worth the effort?

Exactly. I can make way more just playing. But I do some free coaching on cardschat here to help CC out and to promote my brand. We have a lot of good people in here, so I'd highly recommend it as a first step since it won't cost you anything and you can make some poker friends and learn from the group.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/polished-poker-vol-i-study-group-227214//index126.html

A

Adict

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. I can make way more just playing. But I do some free coaching on cardschat here to help CC out and to promote my brand. We have a lot of good people in here, so I'd highly recommend it as a first step since it won't cost you anything and you can make some poker friends and learn from the group.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/polished-poker-vol-i-study-group-227214//index126.html
Yea i downloaded the book. Its really handy.

What stakes do you play at

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a fan of the coach, because I like to read, and i think there is no different information that a coach can give, except for hearing it instead of reading it and absorbing it. Everyone has their own niche, and I guess to each there own...

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say 99.35% of the absolute best players in the world have had coaching at some point in their poker careers. And it's for a reason. Successful people understand how to invest in themselves, and they do it wisely. It's what separates them from the rest of the pack in poker and life.

+1

OP, there is a lot of free / low priced material that will give you a solid baseline for being a winning player at small stakes. I think there are even some good resources for mid stakes. At the high stakes, you have to either pay for coaching, have a group that plays high stakes and will talk hands with you, and or find someone in the high stakes world that will swap your mid stake action for coaching (essentially the same as paying for coaching with better value +EV).

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker coaches are for elite players or people that are trying to become an elite player. for people that just play a few hours a day there is enough info on youtube and twitch and countless websites for the average player to absorb in my opinion. as long as your always learning and thinking and adapting you don't really need a coach

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to read and play and learn from my mistakes as well as watch others play poker on TV. I just think people have individual styles with poker. I want to develop my own not try and do it someone else's way. Having said that I could see how a coach could help train you to keep track of the pot size in a live game and calculate your pot odds etc. I know I should be doing this, but sometimes I'm a little lazy :)

N

notscared0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like some details on coaching from micro-mid stakes

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are many poker school available online that are absolutely free... i would suggest first learn from this free material... Buy some books related to poker strategy... and the most important is to play as much as possible..Because you can learn poker in a day, but to master poker it takes a life time

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that if someone wants something and fight for that desire you can reach it. The internet has a lot of content, our CC forum has a lot of content, read, study and good luck! On the other hand, if you feel safer and think you learn easier, why not? Good luck!

R

roberth225

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
time and experience is better than anything of course reading will help just have to play and gain knolege