Poker books

D

Danisotto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
Can you recommend me the best poker books?

Gracias!

Attachments

• 1678378348845.png
    1678378348845.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Sure, here are some of the best poker books that I would recommend:

1. "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky - This classic book provides a solid foundation in poker strategy and game theory, and is a must-read for any serious player.
  2. "Harrington on Hold'em" by Dan Harrington - This series of books is considered by many to be one of the best resources for tournament strategy, providing a detailed analysis of key concepts and strategies.
  3. "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler - This book focuses on the psychological aspects of the game, such as managing tilt, dealing with variance, and improving focus and concentration.
  4. "Super System" by Doyle Brunson - This iconic book, written by one of the greatest poker players of all time, provides a comprehensive overview of various poker games and strategies.
  5. "Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em" by Ed Miller, Sunny Mehta, and Matt Flynn - This book is a great resource for beginners and intermediate players looking to improve their no-limit hold'em game, with a focus on low-stakes games.
  6. "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu - Although not specifically about poker, this classic work on strategy and tactics has been applied to many different fields, including poker.
Excellent recommendations, I would like to add one more that can be essential, which is "Every Hand Revealed" by Gus Hansen that provides a detailed account of his thought process and decision-making in winning the 2007 Aussie Millions tournament, making it a must-read for any serious poker player.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can you recommend me the best poker books?

Gracias!
«Crushing the Microstakes: The Definitive Guide From the #1 Winner of All Time». This book helped me a lot to improve my level of play at micro-limits.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker textbooks are well structured, the material is presented in a consistent and accessible way for a beginner. Alan Schoonmaker "Your Worst Poker Enemy", Jared Tendler "Poker: Mind Games" and Leszek Badurovich "Mental Advantage".

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For someone who is new to poker, my opinion is that the best place to start would be:
  • Purposeful Practice for Poker by Dr Tricia Cardner and Gareth James - This is an introduction on how to STUDY poker, rather than how to PLAY poker and will give you a really great basis to work from using good repeatable study habits.
  • The Myth of Poker Talent by Alex Fitzgerald - This was a massive eye opener to me. It emphasizes the power of effort over talent and gives you more insight into using software to study and exploit opponents
  • Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em by Jonathan Little - This is an fairly theory dense book, but having read the above, there should be lots for you to take away from it.
  • GTO Poker Simplified but Dara O'Kearney and Barry Carter - GTO is the backbone for modern poker. Although the previous two on my list introduce you to GTO, there isn't really much of an explanation as to what GTO actually is. This is a great book for introducing you to the world of GTO, which you really must get to grips with if you want to be able to beat any stakes at any game in the world.
  • PKO Poker Strategy by Dara O'Kearney and Barry Carter - PKO's (Progressive Knock Out Tournaments) have exploded in the last few years and are now the most popular format on most major online sites. This is an absolute must book if you want to be making the most money you can from online poker.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but these are the best books that I have read and would recommend to any player. I have listed them in the order that I would recommend, but it also wouldn't be a bad idea to read GTO Poker Simplified second, either.