Poker books ?

T

Thranrha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Even though I watch a lot of videos, I really enjoy learning through books.

Are there any serious books that will really allow me to progress for online MTTs? I often read that popular poker books are unfortunately a bit outdated, so not very useful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't believe those who say that books are outdated. Buried treasures never get old. I've only read two books in the last few months. You may have already read the books by David Sklansky.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'm looking for books, but I just can't find everything wrong

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If possible Tell me what literature is useful

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Even though I watch a lot of videos, I really enjoy learning through books.

Are there any serious books that will really allow me to progress for online MTTs? I often read that popular poker books are unfortunately a bit outdated, so not very useful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maybe try the Cardschat free training course! It's quite entertaining and informative. It has a e-book format and videos to reinforce all the reviewed examples.

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker books are dead. I only keep around Super System and Berry's book for nostalgic purposes. Even the GTO books are basic copy and paste filler books generated to make a buck but not really teaching one how to learn theory so easily. I had to teach myself. Grab a program and run the calculations. It's the only way anymore if you want to get to the top. But you can't sell that advice in a book so easily, but I'm giving it to you for free. :D

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you read The Harrington on Hold ‘Em series? This was the first poker book I read and it fascinated me to the point that I later turned pro! [emoji4]

I disagree that poker books are dead, though I may have my own bias haha. It’s true though that you need to do your own studying as well to supplement.

I also really enjoyed the “Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time” series. There’s a lot of great stuff out there and I can relate as I also like to read!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good book "Texas Hold'em for Beginners". I hope that with the help of this book you will be able to improve your game.