Poker books

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read a ton of poker books through the years. Some of my favorites are Killer online poker and Super System. I have learned a lot from each one and was wondering what some of your favorites are (hoping everyone still reads actual books and doesn't just read stuff online) and how they have affected the way you play.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am currently rereading KILL EVERYONE : advanced strategies for tournaments and sit and go's. Excellent information conveyed well. Having the book enables me to high light sections and use it as a quick reference guide. Great way to keep reinforcing the skills I have not internalized yet.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I reread Doyle Brunson. It seems everything is not new, but I always manage to find new lines in the game.;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
During this year I read two interesting books. I can not say that thanks to these books, I significantly improved my results, but they had some positive impact on my game.
1. Ed Miller "Texas Hold'em for Beginners".
2. Andrew Seidman "Easy Game".

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am currently rereading KILL EVERYONE : advanced strategies for tournaments and sit and go's. Excellent information conveyed well. Having the book enables me to high light sections and use it as a quick reference guide. Great way to keep reinforcing the skills I have not internalized yet.

I will totally get this book. It sounds great.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I reread Doyle Brunson. It seems everything is not new, but I always manage to find new lines in the game.;)

I re-read this book once a year to remind me that almost everyone plays this way. I think this book also reminds you to stay aggressive but not to a fault.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During this year I read two interesting books. I can not say that thanks to these books, I significantly improved my results, but they had some positive impact on my game.
1. Ed Miller "Texas Hold'em for Beginners".
2. Andrew Seidman "Easy Game".

I've read Miller but I will totally check out Seidman. Thanks.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One I totally forgot to mention was Harrington on Hold'em. I read this for the first time when I started playing about 15 years ago and I also re-read it along with Killer Online Poker and Super System around once a year, I think they really help me focus on improving and developing areas of my game that need improvement.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read How to study poker by Sky Matsuhashi. You'll then want to re read everything you ever have and will get something more out of every book

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The book is not translated into Russian and probably will not be.:mad:

On Gypsy guys stirred up a post about what to order and translate, I don't know what happened but the words Mitorun they have implemented

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Lately I have been getting the books wondering if I should actually read them. I got Patty Dukes book Value Betting. I reference it from time to time like you reference a dictionary or bible but didn't actually read it from beginning to end.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally I do not read a book. I prefer to watch coaching sessions or youtubeurs pro poker to progress. at the level of strategy and technique I still have serious shortcomings especially in cash games. if anyone has a link on free training on this topic? it could help me a lot for my game.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Gypsy guys stirred up a post about what to order and translate, I don't know what happened but the words Mitorun they have implemented
Mitorun is a very strong player, turned out to be also a translator of poker literature. Unexpected turn.:)

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Just bought this, reading it now, thanks :)

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kill everyone is a good book check it out. For someone just starting out I would recommend Dan Harrington cash and tournament. Both the books are dated. For entry level players they both hold water.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
The most useful books on poker :
Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"
Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners"
Ed Miller "Professional NL Holdem"
Ed Miller "Small Stakes NL Holdem"
Andrew Seidman "The Easy Game"
Tri Nguyen "The NL Holdem Workbook"

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mitorun is a very strong player, turned out to be also a translator of poker literature. Unexpected turn.:)

He is not a translator, I wrote that post was that he collected the movement to buy and translate the book, the strongest player in Razz at the moment, in my opinion it's the Adrenaline