pocket pairs to the flop

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To wide of a question.
1. Is it Cash(is your BR big enough?) or MTT(what is your M and how many BB you have?)
2. How many ops do you play? If you are set/dro mining you have to have good odds so ~3-4 ops pref as it would give you ~1:5+ on the pot
3. What ops are you playing. Station,TAG,LAG,fish...?
The only thing that can be consistaion is position.

Well from math point of view, you have the answer in your question. If you discard all of the above reasions and points, you have 1:~7 on hiting a set so you will lose you raise/3bet ~6 times

Let's not discard any of the above points. To look at it from a strictly perspective is to take a very narrow point of view. All of the factors you mentioned above are very important. In fact you should be considering at least one additional factor, your own table image. For example, my style is tight/aggressive. I go to some effort to establish that image from early on.

That was the case the other the other night when I was dealt pocket 5s. With one player limping in ahead of me, I made a raise to 3x, which cleared out the remaining players and brought action back around to the limper who called. After a 9 high, widely dispersed, rainbow flop, my opponent checked to me out of position. I bet 2/3 the size of the pot. My opponent made several unsolicited comments in the chat box about not believing me, me being a chip bully, how I was making a move and again trying to bully him out of the pot. Finally he said he was giving me the benefit of the doubt because I hadn't been playing a lot of hands before he folded. The last thing he said, after he folded, was that he would have called anyone else with what he was holding. To me that just goes to show the power of a pre-flop raise and having the right image to get it through and get the job done after the flop.

Last edited:
S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying a chip with any flop low pair or an all in with AA after a 3 bet and a 4 bet is a good pairing strategy for me
baralho.jpg