Pocket pair vs two overcards odds

Gieniu69

Gieniu69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One pair on hand is always Good in my opinion, but when you havet 22, 33, 44 you must be lucky ! :) sometimes you can win Big money

Sherzod

Sherzod

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bot not always.its difficult to catch a set on flop.better to play whith AK.
P.S sorry for my english

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone,

But when holding two cards you have 7 outs - roughly that give you a 32% chance of atleast 1 of your cards making a pair. That's what i don't get.

I believe that you heard in some place that on the flop you have 30% of chance to hit your pair on the flop. for the rule of turn and river that is very know around poker you can now calculate your chances of get your A or K on the turn and river ( 6 out x 4 = 24)

Now you ask me " but you should be on a desavantage of about 5% on this kind of battles. and yes you are. if you just add 30+ 24 = 54 you are doing this worng.

Remembet that the pocket pairs have yet 2 outs to make a tird of a kind.

What does this poker software made this kind of complex cauculation? they simulate all the possible combination of hands, and calculate in who much you should win and lose. Good luck doing this math =)

M

mojorising

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everywhere you go you hear that eg. 66 vs AK is a coinflip situation, or close. Like 55% vs 45%.

But when holding two cards you have 7 outs - roughly that give you a 32% chance of atleast 1 of your cards making a pair. That's what i don't get.

Assuming you do not improve on your 66 then your opponent with AK has 33% chance of hitting a pair on the flop (1 - (44x43x42/50x49x48)) so you are odds on to still be ahead after the flop.

But by the river his chance of hitting a pair increases to 49% (1- (44x43x42x41x40/50x49x48x47x46)) so if you have not improved on your 66 then you are almost evens to win/lose against AK with 66.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator