pocket pair

J

JessiPinkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you arrive with pocket pair? Do you have criteria by which you solve, to play with pocket pair or not? How to regard the success in this case? Whether Let's say to play with pair of the two or with pair of the aces?:confused:

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion there is a sense to play with such card because you already have pair. Also you have chance of a set, a caret, fullhouse and two pairs, not to mention a flash. It is even better if it is overpair;)

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How you arrive with pocket pair? Do you have criteria by which you solve, to play with pocket pair or not? How to regard the success in this case? Whether Let's say to play with pair of the two or with pair of the aces?:confused:

In earlier positions, I fold 22-88 or 99, depending on how loose or tight the table is at the moment. I play these if the table is super tight to raises and fold if there are calling stations ahead of me.

In later positions, I play any pocket pair, and depending on the strength, sometimes will 3-bet or 4-bet raisers. This tends to limit the amount of opponents I have pre-flop which gives my pocket pair greater value.

Again, though...if I have a ton of calling stations that will limp/call no matter what they have, I factor that into my decision.

If there is a raise and a 3-bet before me, I tend to fold all smaller pairs and will only play JJ or QQ+.

That's just me, though.