P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What are the lowest pocket cards you are happy to defend when raised before flop?
I'd like to see all in hand pairs if i could but when someone raises high enough for consideration or puts you all in, you sometimes have to give way if it doesn't meet the cut. I tend to back 9s or higher when raised but it can still depend on the gut. There have been times i have backed 3s and luckily won, then there has been times i have folded only to see 4 of a kind. The last time this happened was the other day with 6s straight on the flop, would have set me up for most of the game if i was involved.
Do you back all pocket cards or would you throw top pair before the flop?

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably pocket Jacks is as low as I would go. Too many times I have seen trips lose to a higher set of trips.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would raise 1010 or higher, the rest of the pairs call, if someone raises, I discard.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To make a long story short, don't pay too much to see the flop with weak pocket cards/small pairs.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I totally agree with Rob Hodson.
Nothing to limit.
Cheers;););)(y)(y)(y)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You know, when I'm not in the mood all those theories I described, kinda by the book, vanish with tilting along or when playing just like a suicidal tendencies maniac. LOL :)