Pocket Aces - Aren't what the Use to Be

tubur69

tubur69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that you should follow a standard when you're playing AA.
Depending on the table and on yr table image.
I even slow play them from time to time.

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Rockets are still Pocket Rockets man! But yes now adays there are a lot of donks out there who will draw out on you and suck out :/ but its life man

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please show me the HH where the full house won over your AAA (assume you mean trip aces). I don't believe you.
lol this is a far as i got. maybe the had trip 7's dealt. also AA is 85% to win vs. on random hand not 80%. the more players your in w/the less likely to win. but having said that i'll take aces any day of the week.

O

opalik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw AA losing to AA after all ins lately. Flush...

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So am I running way hot to have in the last 50k hands:

AA - 221
Win - 203 (92%)
Lose - 17 (8%)
Tie - 1 (<1%)

I am sure some of that is luck... but I do think it's the way you play the damn things.

They are NOT an 80% winner with more than 1 caller. In fact 6 handed or so they start looking like a coinflip pre flop.

Think about how you are playing them.

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooooooooooooooooo..... you look down and there they are; AA as your starting hand. According to the odds you will win 80% of the time. Well, I'm here to say poket Aces owe me some wins! Sunday night I got beat 4 times holding pokcet AA; Flushes, 2 pair, trips, a straight and a full house over AAA.

The reason I'm witing this is to remind us all the AA is a good hand but it certainly CAN and WILL be beat, particularily these days when so many players stay in with Flush and straight draws.

Good luck at the tables.

:cool: :eek: :deal:

Hey bud, AA yeah so many say i hate AA but hey as u said it will lose 80% hu u didnt mention how many people saw a flop and how much u raised preflop hopefully u did raise if not ...shame on you for letting alot of limpers in :) maybe pump those bullets a little harder preflop next time Gl at the tables Damon789 peace

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can't believe conversations like these are going on in poker forums. Every month or so it seems like one pops up. All it takes to prove or disprove all of these claims (and everyone will be disproved) is spend about ten minutes with Pokerstove. Pocket aces are the best starting hand that you can have. Will they win every time? Of course not. Will your aces loose to 72o? It sure can happen. All you can do is (probably 99% of the time) raise preflop, keep your eyes open post flop, and play aggressive. Everytime I see one of these topics it really makes me want to go play poker :D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup if your having troube playing or winning with AA you may just me having trouble with poker sir.
AA is exactly what it was a long time ago..that being THE BEST starting hand in poker. Thats almost like saying flopping a full house isnt what it used to be lol.

you just gotta make sure your making proper raises and reraises and not trying to play against more than 1 or at maximum 2 opponents. cuz when that happens your in huge trouble.

best of luck

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sooooooooooooooooo..... you look down and there they are; AA as your starting hand. According to the odds you will win 80% of the time. Well, I'm here to say poket Aces owe me some wins! Sunday night I got beat 4 times holding pokcet AA; Flushes, 2 pair, trips, a straight and a full house over AAA.

The reason I'm witing this is to remind us all the AA is a good hand but it certainly CAN and WILL be beat, particularily these days when so many players stay in with Flush and straight draws.

Good luck at the tables.

:cool: :eek: :deal:
I think it is 85% for 1 Opponent, 73% for 2 Opponents, 64% for 3 Opponents.
With 6 Opponents it drops to 43%, with 8 in the hand it drops to 31%.
Is that right?

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can't believe conversations like these are going on in poker forums. Every month or so it seems like one pops up. All it takes to prove or disprove all of these claims (and everyone will be disproved) is spend about ten minutes with Pokerstove. Pocket aces are the best starting hand that you can have. Will they win every time? Of course not. Will your aces loose to 72o? It sure can happen. All you can do is (probably 99% of the time) raise preflop, keep your eyes open post flop, and play aggressive. Everytime I see one of these topics it really makes me want to go play poker :D

Yes, one of these threads starts every month, but I have to say that I am very impressed with everyone taking responsibility for their aces getting cracked - two pages of posts and not one person insisting that online poker is rigged :D

imredee

imredee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is nice to see so may posts with good suggestions on the state of AA. I am posting because I finished in 18th out of 3700 in a tournament today helped by poket AA. The fun part was when the flop came A,10,A. Two players continued to bet into me; one with a full house 10's full of AA and the other with a busted flush draw.

Ooooh what a thing of beauty!!

:p

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are still what they used to be..."the best starting hand in poker".

It's just like any other hand you decide to play in poker, they don't win every time you play them. They win sometimes & lose sometimes.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was multi-tabling and had A-A on two separate tables......put in a stiff raise and both times they got cracked.

So is the game of Poker. This doesn't really bother me, I'll take A-A over any starting hand any day.

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes after playing my many hands i've played i've been dealt poket aces countless times. I think i've lost with them like 2 times out of 300 or something lol and on the times I lost with them it was because I either tried to slow play (which I've learned through experience I'd rather bet big straight out of the gate and try and pick up the pot than to check-call only to see someone make a better hand) or just didn't back down and fold in the face of adversity. Learn to read the board texture more and pay attention to your opponents betting patterns

P

perry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am goosy with AA just like AK etc. in the early position and will be more tight in playing them there than late in the hand - where I will push harder. I've lost with AA plenty of times, like everyone else, but i don't like losing all my chips early in the game - heavy duty aggressive play is put off until the bubble. I mostly play tourneys and SnG's.

nutshooter

nutshooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think pocket aces really depends on where you play. Im not gonna say online is rigged but, it is. seriously though, AA wins probably about 80% of the time in a real game. Online, and I agree with you about the fishers calling to the river, AA probably only wins 20-25%

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread. (Again)

My head asplode.