Pocket Aces: All-in or raise?

Clover01_

Clover01_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
What would you do if you have AA in hand?

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
raise... Why go all in and scare people and take 3 blinds when you can take more... It doesn't matter what position you need to go all in with AA when you have less than 15-20 bb

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pair of AA, if I make a move first, then it is always raise, if after several players, then sometimes all-in, sometimes 3-bet, but there are cases that I drop this hand altogether despite its strength.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Raise to pick up the dead money or to get it to one player.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You should make a regular raise like any other hand.

In poker, we should all hands in our opening range the same way to not be predictable.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing all-in you will scare off your opponent, you need to raise, or you will be predictable, think that he does not have many hands in his range with which the opponent will respond to your push

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All in is a tool, not a guarantee for success.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I see many checkthis hand to not let opponents that they have a premium hand, which I cannot do because I like to get rid of the 72os hands. Half the time I raise, half the time I do an all-in.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depends on the situation. It depends on the position at the table, on the size of my stack, on the stage of the tournament. There are many factors that must be taken into account. So, please describe the situation in more detail, namely table position, stack size, tournament stage, tournament format, number of players at the table, and then I can answer your question :)

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think you must raise for 4 bb and then raise on the flop if you do not intensify

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on behavior of my opponents - if they play aggressive I go all in. When they play calmly I prefer raising x3.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if I have an AA card I always try to play raising my bet raise a strong card you need to play like a strong card I only play passively when in late positions I try to lymph or call to make people make mistakes on the turn and river flop because I know I'll beat them If I'm not sure I try to raise my bet right away

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Observe your opponents' actions and you will have the answer

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA is always a tricky hand. The line between scaring the fish and getting a bad beat is a very fine one. Follow the previous advice. Observe your position, your opponents' behavior and the size of your stack in relation to theirs. There is no predefined formula for any strong hand in Poker.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I try to raise big preflop in order to not go to the flop with 4+ people, I don't overplay them preflop, But if one or two players raises or go all in for sure i am in.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always raise. In a tribet, then I go all-in. We can't scare the villain off with all-in right away.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t spook the table. A 3x raise to induce interest. Depends on the situation. But you should try to get a pot going and not scare off all your opponents. Poker at the end of the day is a game of deception, don’t telegraph your hands.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are spots where you want to look weak through limping/calling to induce raises.
(For example if you are in middle position and there are a lot of short- to midstacks behind)
There are spots where you want to look weak through jamming all in.
(Often works if you are low to mid stacked and have aggro players or calling stations behind)
There are spots where you want to be balanced through raising 2x.
(Good players often don´t fall for the common induces, a standard opening induces probably best in that situation)

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the chips, the place, the tournament and the time you have, if I am among the first to play call and wait.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You should always raise with pocket aces if you are the first to move at the table or if no one has opened before you. When someone opens in front of you, you should always 3-bet with AA.The ideal scenario for this hand is to force your opponent to go all-in preflop, since you have about 80% equity against all other hands.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question is great for learning poker on a deeper level

What would we do with AA 100bb deep-50bb deep- 20bb deep -12 bb deep when we open what size?
What do we do with AA in a raised pot with above stack sizes- What about vs a limp?

What do we do with AA if our opponents will call large sizings?
Do we ever trap with it and if so when?

These question are how you grow as a player considering AA is the best hand in poker preflop- so the simple answer to your question is try to get all the money in preflop which in simple terms means always bet it or raise it

:unsure::geek: