Pocket 2's what do you do?

Daddysprincess99

Daddysprincess99

Enthusiast
Total posts
Just wondering how/if anyone out there ever play this hand. I never know what to do with it cause it's the lowest pair so I just check BB if it happens to be me. How DO you play pocket 2's?:confused:

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Total posts
I just call and if there is a high raise I fold immediately

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Total posts
In multipot, try to catch a set at an inexpensive price, against a tight competent opponent on a suitable Board, you can try to knock him out of the pot with a check raise in position. But the showdown equity of this hand is very weak, so if the opponent does not give up, you should not go for a big bluff.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
In early position I usually try to see the flop cheaply by calling and if someone raises I rather let go of those hands.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Just wondering how/if anyone out there ever play this hand. I never know what to do with it cause it's the lowest pair so I just check BB if it happens to be me. How DO you play pocket 2's?:confused:

Like all things poker the only answer is that it all depends on the situation.
* Are you playing cash table or tourney
* What is your table image
* What is your table position
* What stage of the Tourney
* How many players entered the pot

Whatever is the situation I try to play all my small pairs the same...Very Carefully

H

Hebens

Enthusiast
Total posts
This the one of my favorite hand. You have a chance with it. Don't fold it.

C

Comboss599

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Playing very carefully. Just check it. If situation is good on table playing all in.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Total posts
Awards
Here are a few guidelines:

** With 10bb or less, move all-in (if everyone has folded to you) from any position

** If someone raises in late position, move all-in with 22 from the blinds if you have 10-25bb

** Fold 22 from early or middle position with 15-40bb

** Call with 22 facing a limp or prior raise if you're getting 20:1 implied odds or better (this means that you can win 20 times the call amount if you stack your opponent, such as calling a raise to $200 when you have a stack of $4000)

Daddysprincess99

Daddysprincess99

Enthusiast
Total posts

** With 10bb or less, move all-in (if everyone has folded to you) from any position

** If someone raises in late position, move all-in with 22 from the blinds if you have 10-25bb

** Call with 22 facing a limp or prior raise if you're getting 20:1 implied odds or better (this means that you can win 20 times the call amount if you stack your opponent, such as calling a raise to $200 when you have a stack of $4000)

That's very specific thank you! Thanks everybody for your reply I will try out some pocket 2's to see how they go!

Daddysprincess99

Daddysprincess99

Enthusiast
Total posts
In multipot, try to catch a set at an inexpensive price, against a tight competent opponent on a suitable Board, you can try to knock him out of the pot with a check raise in position. But the showdown equity of this hand is very weak, so if the opponent does not give up, you should not go for a big bluff.

Yikes, you are right about it being super weak at showdown unless another 2 comes out. No big bluff for sure, way too risky for me. I don't even know if I could get away with a little one with this hand :p

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Most of time i fold with 22. :)

Maybe it can win but really hard.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
There's no so much detail about your situation. I play pocket 2's depending on my stack, position, and type of opponents. I really like playing pocket 2's in a heads up pot.

619Leafs

Legend
Total posts
Limp to see a cheap flop. If I get raised or faced with a huge bet I fold.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Total posts
Awards

thank you so much for this :), Collin Moshman, appreciate it very much

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Total posts
I call hoping to get tripps and fold if there is a raise and not in position.