PLO hand?

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, admittedly, have only played about 2000 PLO hands, but. This threw me. It was one of two in about 5 minutes on GGpoker and I am 'SURE' that I have not been cheated because, well, that would be illegal or unethical at least right. Is this the correct outcome here and if so WHY? I can only see an A high flush beating a set.

Can someone tell me if and why I am wrong and that a flush can get beaten by a set in PLO.?

???????:mad::confused::(

I am prepared to feel like an idiot.......

Attachments

• set7-overAflush SHITE.jpg
    set7-overAflush SHITE.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 14
DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannot upload an image...

Basically. PLO on GGpoker 0.10/0.25

I had 5h 6S Kd 6C

SB had 7h 7s 10h Js

board ended as

7d Ad 3d 5d 9c

winner was sb with 7h 7s with a set?

I had an A high flush with the Kd? Am I missing something obvious, I sometimes do...?

I have tried to upload the screenshot but it does not want to work....

Last edited:
E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your wrong

I, admittedly, have only played about 2000 PLO hands, but. This threw me. It was one of two in about 5 minutes on GGpoker and I am 'SURE' that I have not been cheated because, well, that would be illegal or unethical at least right. Is this the correct outcome here and if so WHY? I can only see an A high flush beating a set.

Can someone tell me if and why I am wrong and that a flush can get beaten by a set in PLO.?

???????:mad::confused::(

I am prepared to feel like an idiot.......

Sometimes when your on tilt all you see is your bad beats and eventually play with that mentality. Gotta get that fear out your chest and just keep playing well.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In Omaha you can only use two of your hole cards and three of the community cards to make a hand. Since you were holding only one diamond you didn't have a flush.

This game is different than Hold'em where you can use any combination of hole and community cards to make a hand.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm impressed you played 2,000 hands without realizing you only EVER play two from your hand and three from the board. :D

For future reference:

Yes essentially have six hold'em hands but unlike in hold'em you will never play more than 3 cards on the board and you will never only play 1 card from your hand.

The best two cards in your hand play with three cards from the board at all times. Four cards to a flush up - if you don't have two flush cards in your hand you don't have a flush. AAAAK up, you don't have quads, you are playing 3 aces from the board and your best two cards (KK is the nuts).

Omaha is a lot of fun, but also a lot of action, as the percentages run very close and draws can be favored against a set (aces preflop are good but only 60/40 against many other good hands).

Good luck! :D

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm impressed you played 2,000 hands without realizing you only EVER play two from your hand and three from the board. :D

For future reference:

Yes essentially have six hold'em hands but unlike in hold'em you will never play more than 3 cards on the board and you will never only play 1 card from your hand.

The best two cards in your hand play with three cards from the board at all times. Four cards to a flush up - if you don't have two flush cards in your hand you don't have a flush. AAAAK up, you don't have quads, you are playing 3 aces from the board and your best two cards (KK is the nuts).

Omaha is a lot of fun, but also a lot of action, as the percentages run very close and draws can be favored against a set (aces preflop are good but only 60/40 against many other good hands).

Good luck! :D

This is why I asked.
Its the same thing I always miss. Gotta stop playing in the pub lol.
I knew I missed something obvious. 🤣

I knew I would look like an idiot [emoji1303]

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when your on tilt all you see is your bad beats and eventually play with that mentality. Gotta get that fear out your chest and just keep playing well.

Gotta stop playing in the bar me thinks...
Its obvious now.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to check that you are playing and if you see something strange, investigate

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta check out the rules of the game. You can't have a flush with one of your cards. You need to use 2 cards from your hand and 3 board cards to make your hand. In this case you'de have the nuts with one more diamond in your hand. You'de still lose to a str8 flush though!

Take care and Good luck!

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta check out the rules of the game. You can't have a flush with one of your cards. You need to use 2 cards from your hand and 3 board cards to make your hand. In this case you'de have the nuts with one more diamond in your hand. You'de still lose to a str8 flush though!

Take care and Good luck!

Yep blind, stupid and drinking...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands