Playing too tight?

R

runtodeath

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hai friends,
i am new here want to play tight aggrsve style. After enter to table wth good seat postn (ryt of loose aggrsve and left of bigbully) i start playing wth ak,aq,aj,a10,jq,qk,k 10,j 10, q 10 like hands by calling without positon and small rase wth postn and if gets sme win start playing sme suits nd cnectrs medum hands i try to cntrol the pot til it hits but if sme one pick my style nd if had bad time and cards nt hiting in flop they rase nd making me calling station and i go wth hand (wth these top hands and flush draw and open draw or smal pockt to hit set) bt river nt hit again they cntinues nd i lose more . After some same play they making me unplayble my these hands aa, kk, qq, jj, 1010 if any top pair hit than my pockt or any draws visble in flop mostly flush draws they rase nd i cal nd they hits draws. . I doubt my conservative play and betting pattern makes big pblm if cards nt hiting and also if my card nt hit most time my reading goes poor becz of fear . . Plz show me right way and make me know my mistakes

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly are you looking at?
Where do you have your past playing history?
Do the online sites like Bovada maintain this data for you to mine afterwards?

Online sites do not maintain a history for you to mine afterwards (although you can generally e-mail them for hand histories if you want them).

Like many online players, Blob is probably using either PokerTracker or Holdem Manager to store his hands and evaluate his play after his sessions end.

-HooDooKoo

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online sites do not maintain a history for you to mine afterwards (although you can generally e-mail them for hand histories if you want them).

Like many online players, Blob is probably using either PokerTracker or Holdem Manager to store his hands and evaluate his play after his sessions end.

-HooDooKoo

Yup. Using Bovada hand converter and importing to PT4 then just filtered by hand value/by position

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen two responses saying A5 is junk. Lolwut? In LP or BvB A5 is fine, if suited even better. Smh

This is one of the things I've learned in the past week or so. As I'm studying equity calculators and using Equilab a lot now, I've seen just how powerful some of those Axs hands really are in late position or blind v blind.

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not that Ace-Rage is statistically a bad hand. You have about fair equity in a family pot, you have decent equity on Blind v Blind or three person or less table.

The problem is that it doesn't play well after the flop. Even if an Ace pops on the flop, unless you have a wheel draw (which can never be open ended so it only adds 8% equity per street) all you have is top pair low kicker. You can't even really draw to the nuts outside of pairing your kicker without a leap of faith. Basically with Ace Rag no matter what hits on the flop you are going to get raised most of the time unless you do something like over bet. Statistically you have equity, but think what you are getting called with? If anything but the Ace hits you pretty much have to fold, and even if the ace hits you still may have to fold.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had to look up my own results with A2s-A5s :D

25NL FR:
I am winning 130 bb/100 over 224 hands :cool: I am crushing in CO and breaking even in BTN, winning in the blinds.

10NL FR:
I am winning 5.7 bb/100 over 1578 hands :) again winning in CO and losing in BTN and winning in the blinds. WTF is with the BTN :confused:

Basically you gotta use your position, if some muppet likes calling barrels down with A9o, fine, he will get his very quickly. It is allowed to use notes and all that.

LOL at someone raising me with medium Aces :D again, notes, hello.