Playing poker after a Bad Beat

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long after a bad beat do ya all play again? Its tough to go all in with AA, to be beat with low cards. Its frustration and I stop. But, I manage to regroup and come back harder than ever in a day or so.
So, if I lose, I rethink my game at the level that I am playing. And the results are positive now....

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long after a bad beat do ya all play again? Its tough to go all in with AA, to be beat with low cards. Its frustration and I stop. But, I manage to regroup and come back harder than ever in a day or so.
So, if I lose, I rethink my game at the level that I am playing. And the results are positive now....

I usually take the rest of the day off if I'm on a really bad beat but I don't wait to long to jump back in. One the other hand I'm mostly playing freeroll tourneys so I feel like that bad beats there are way more common than on cash games. I think it also depends on the person, if you get tilted by beats easily then maybe take a few days off but if they don't then you can probably just figure it was bad luck and keep playing. Just out of curiosity what was the sequence of steps in that hand? Did you shove preflop?

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not worry about bad bets, it's part of the game. The important thing is to absorb the bad bet and move on. Do not let your anger make your game bad.

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats and losing is habit forming. It sets negative emotions going, and stays with you. Even though you think you are over it, or a losing session, there is residue left in your system. The trick is to snap the streak as early as possible, and go from losing to winning asap. If it means playing tighter/less then do it. Sometimes NOT losing is almost as good as winning. WHat you lose today, you need to win back tomorrow.

I think you want to play your poker somewhere in your middle range of emotion. On a 7 gear engine you wish to be in gears 345 most days. If in 1 or 2 (a subdued losing streak) you need to pick your self up emotionally. If you are in 6 or 7 (false euphoria from a win), then find a way to slow down to normal speed. If you can't do this then take a break !

Understand that emotion (negative or positive), short circuits your ability to think really logically.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After three unsuccessful attacks, I stop playing, until the next day.