Playing the Open Skill League

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I finished the month of January at #116th in the leaderboard. Received $1. Now in February I'll see how it goes for me in the Premier Skill League :)

Congratulations mate. Nice job! You are a freetime millionaire :) How many tournaments did you played in January to be 116th at the end? I've tried the same month playing 3-4 times a week with TAG style. This was only enough for a 4000-th place , however I made points almost in every game.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I finished the month of January at #116th in the leaderboard. Received $1. Now in February I'll see how it goes for me in the Premier Skill League :)
Great Job and now to study more tournament poker :icon_thum

C

Cablegut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! This past January I put a lot of time into playing in this league. I was amazed to find that sticking to a strategy really keeps the points adding up.

I noticed that the top positions in the Open Skill League leaderboard play a Lot of tournaments in a month. The first place finisher played 60 tournaments, from which I assume poker is his main activity.

It's motivating to see I can get results, and will certainly try the Open Skill League again after I get 20VPP in a month. In the meantime I'll keep focusing on tournaments, playing the cardschat freerolls and some 10cent sit & go's.

L

logwwwe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
how long it usually take to receive payment from PokerSchool Skill League?

D

delox7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the open skill league is a good way to start on pokerstars. The problem is the big number of sitting out players, so is good to play carefully in the beginning of the tournament, and try to last till left only 25% of the players to win more points in the league. The first tournament that I won was one of the poker school skill league :)

P

Peak92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who play in this kind of tournaments are real desperate. Playing PSO makes you worse player, cause you are playing with idiots who are bored. Even if you try to play good, finally you get suckout by random player who called you with trash hand.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in this tournament but i never won enything....i think this tournament is not for me:)))wish you all the best

koetjebeu

koetjebeu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that playing tight aggressive is the best strategy in such tournament because of all the loose fishes

T

Tiago1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play a freeroll paying with hands good hands like AK, AQ so that the galley call and ends up winning with weak cards there can not quite understand how they can do it :confused:

E

evangelos_christodoulou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always this tournament starts with bingo, when can make lots of chips, or to get knocked out. I prefer to sit out for the first 30 mins of the tournament, this way the 10k registerd players get down to 6-7K or even 5k, also the blinds go up and less ppl limp in to see the flop. The goal is to surive always in the first 1000 places even with a short stack. Remember that when u get well u win points on the board, when knocked out early loose points. So its all about survival in this tourney, and hopefully some times during the month, will make the jump into the first 90, which gives extra 50 points i think

kidpokerkids

kidpokerkids

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really tried to play this league , but is really hard to win , because there are lof of idiots who going all in bad cards , and they getting lucky , and your ACES losse , anyway if you will play everyday you will win it for sure.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the open skill league is a little bit of a wild experience to say the least. if you can make it through the first hour or so and maybe even aquire 3000-4500 chips you should be able to finish in the top 10%. its hard to lay down premium hands though and I cant even count how many times ive had great hands busted by people playing garbage hands haha

Flameofrecca

Flameofrecca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each tournament pays the top 90 spots. This month, I haven't finished in the top 90 yet. Keep in mind the prize pool is $10.

At the end of the month, the top 2000 players in the leaderboard receive a prize. At my current position I would get $1, because I have fewer than 20 VPP. If I had more than 20 VPP, the prize would be $5. The Open Skill League is time consuming but I'm getting a lot of practice for free.

The top 500 players in the monthly leaderboard get a ticket to play in the Premier Skill League. In this league, the prizes are similar, but the field is a lot smaller.

Nice information and thanks for sharing.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the League, not the first month one has learned to sit still and play only call or fold!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The Pokerstars Open Skill League , known as The Donkey League or The Bingo league :D :p . I used to play in the past sometimes for fun or to test the software instead of playing a tour with playmoney. Somehow ,from a point and later I saw it differently and wanted to participate more , and this summer I was planning to fully dedicate one month to try to win the big prizes , I intended to play 4 or 5 out of 6 every day , I even collected the 20 vpps I needed to qualify for the big prizes . But unfortunately , my schedule didn't go as planned. I finished at 954th place at on July at the open league in order not to qualify for the premier league (first 500) but for the open league on August , but instead , because between the first 954 there were some with not 20 vpps (necessary to go to the premier) I got the ticket ... So my plans were ruined .. I was so sad ...I was sooo prepared for the open not the premier, I sharpened my bingo donkey guesses and right shoves , my preparations through the previous months went lost... Now I wasn't in the mood to try it again
But Cablegut gave me an idea ...Maybe in the future (or should I say sure in the future ) I also make a thread to document ny experiences to the league . In this way I'l get motivated to start again :) , gather my 20 vpps and begin to fight in the arena of the open league:rolleyes: . I'll do it when I will have hundreds of posts on my account so as not this thread to be considered as a spam attempt with similar posts again and again:D:D :D ...