Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know how to play with nuts in heads-up when I have to make the first call. Let's consider two scenarios:

1. It's a dangerous flop with many potential draws.

2. It's a rainbow flop with no draws.

In both scenarios, I have nuts on the flop and need to make the first move. What would you do?

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In the first case, I don't see another option but to apply pressure, especially if your hand has no potential to improve. If you check, he might check back, allowing him to see cards for free.

In the second case, I suppose it depends on the profile of the player you're up against, but regardless, I would make a bet, nothing too extreme to avoid intimidating him, but at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the pot.

I'm not saying this is the best approach, but I believe that's what I would do.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
1. If I flop top set with flush or straight draw I am for sure betting. I’m not here to give someone a free draw. If he does have the draw you can get lots of value on the flop and turn when he doesn’t hit. The river they will not call your bet but they might raise you thinking you missed your draw too. Good times here. Heads up out of position with a monster is really hard to make money.
2. You really need this person to have something…anything really lol. If you bet and they fold you get the pot right there. If you check you hope they pick up a draw or pair. Again being out of position is hard to make money. But money has to get in there somehow so you will have to bet the flop or turn. They might think you don’t have anything either.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If there are a lot of draws on the board, you should check and let your opponent bluff, and if the board is dry, you should also check and let your opponent bet

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Okay, that's helpful. There are three different points of view and all different ways to play. Maybe the most profitable play depends on my opponents' profiles. Thank you all!.